Moroccan

Anybody ever try Moroccan food?? Found a good Moroccan restaurant recently and really got into the food. The Lamb Tagine is ok but the Berber Couscous is just fabulous. Esp. when Lamb is added. When you add lamb, chicken and lamb sausage - wow.

For appetizers, the Merguez spiced sausages (lamb sausage on a bed of cherry tomato) or the Duck B'steeya are just great. This is rapidly turing Moroccan into one of my favorites (along with German, Swiss and Indian).

Just wish this restaurant had more choices on the menu. Anybody else ever try Moroccan? Anybody like it?

• Like 2

There are very fews things I miss about living in Toronto... (Sorry, Big Tree!) One of them was a little Morrocan restaurant down on "the Danforth" as they call it. I can't recall the name of it, but holy shit, it was good! I kept asking the guy, "What's little mushy stuff called again?" It was coucous, of course. If I remember correctly, (30 years ago) lamb was their specialty. It was something like $10 for a great meal...
  • Like 1

There are very fews things I miss about living in Toronto... (Sorry, Big Tree!) One of them was a little Morrocan restaurant down on "the Danforth" as they call it. I can't recall the name of it, but holy shit, it was good! I kept asking the guy, "What's little mushy stuff called again?" It was coucous, of course. If I remember correctly, (30 years ago) lamb was their specialty. It was something like $10 for a great meal...

Maybe you'll remember The Sultan's Tent down on Front St? That place is INCREDIBLE!!! Everyone sits on cushions in tents and they have belly dancing and THE MOST AMAZING FOOD! A great time... been there a few times. I love it.

I'll have to check out that place on the Danforth...

As far as not missing many places here... I hear ya. I didn't live here 2 years ago I was living up in Yellowknife, NWT and when I came back... not much had changed including my hatred for the city. Ah well... plans to move away again in are the works. :)

• Like 1

It was coucous, of course.

Ah, too much couscous!

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsF/5515-2863.gif

Maybe you'll remember The Sultan's Tent down on Front St? That place is INCREDIBLE!!! Everyone sits on cushions in tents and they have belly dancing and THE MOST AMAZING FOOD! A great time... been there a few times. I love it.

As far as not missing many places here... I hear ya. I didn't live here 2 years ago I was living up in Yellowknife, NWT and when I came back... not much had changed including my hatred for the city. Ah well... plans to move away again in are the works. :)

I haven't tried that place with the tent and the pillows... don't think my back would hold out sitting on the floor. But, the food (and the whole experience) sounds great! Wouldn't mind checking out the belly dancers, pillows or none... I left TO in 85, so it might not have even been there then.

You lived in goddam Yellowknife? I've been there a bunch of times... about a dozen or so. You must remember a bar there called the Black Knight Pub... great wings! How in the HELL did you survive the winters there? 50 below zero? And, I thought it got cold in Northwestrn Ontario... Holy shit. And, three months with no sunlight?

I haven't tried that place with the tent and the pillows... don't think my back would hold out sitting on the floor. But, the food (and the whole experience) sounds great! Wouldn't mind checking out the belly dancers, pillows or none... I left TO in 85, so it might not have even been there then.

You lived in goddam Yellowknife? I've been there a bunch of times... about a dozen or so. You must remember a bar there called the Black Knight Pub... great wings! How in the HELL did you survive the winters there? 50 below zero? And, I thought it got cold in Northwestrn Ontario... Holy shit. And, three months with no sunlight?

Oh ya I've been to The Black Knight lots of times. Good times.

You've been to YK? When?

I miss it there terribly. Can't stand this city right now.