Umm... Why is Owen Hardy white now?

Dscrapre

I don't know what you're talking about. My original artwork on my CD is a white child's hand.

That's so weird. Both of my copies have the dark skinned hand. I have the North American commercial release and the UK Classic Rock Fan Pack edition.

Whatever, this is making something of nothing. I just thought that it's weird that there would be two different versions of otherwise the same image with the only difference being the race of one of the people. I'm about as far from a race-baiter as you're gonna get.

I don't know what you're talking about. My original artwork on my CD is a white child's hand.

That's so weird. Both of my copies have the dark skinned hand. I have the North American commercial release and the UK Classic Rock Fan Pack edition.

Whatever, this is making something of nothing. I just thought that it's weird that there would be two different versions of otherwise the same image with the only difference being the race of one of the people. I'm about as far from a race-baiter as you're gonna get.

Weird! I have the same version. Maybe they have different skin colors for different people.

I checked the novel version, his hand is black, but I think in my record it's white. Odd, maybe he was never black, but they were trying to show that he had alot of oil and dirt on his hands from being in the streets and working on the carnival.

Well this went from :wtf: to, well isn't that interesting. The skin does appear darker. They look to be different hands. Examining both, the darker skinned hand seems to have a shorter pinky fingernail. I think this would make for a very good question for Neil.

I think the 'racism?' tag on this thread is pretty uncouth.

• Like 1

Yeah, I felt weird typing that. I'm not normally like this about that kind of stuff. Hell, I have nothing to even say on the topic, I'm about as white as you're going to find. If I could change it to get rid of that tag, I would.

Edited by Dscrapre
  • Like 1

Ya that's weird! And judging from the image in the first post, the anarchist's hand looks darker! They switched colors! Owens hand is more obvious though.. Looks like someone actually made a point of changing it.. But why?? Edited by MMCXII

Well this went from :wtf: to, well isn't that interesting. The skin does appear darker. They look to be different hands. Examining both, the darker skinned hand seems to have a shorter pinky fingernail. I think this would make for a very good question for Neil.

What do you mean by "racism tag"? I'm assuming someone said something and then edited it out?? I don't see any racism in this thread..

I never even noticed he was black.

I just got to thinking...I called Owen black..Now in this vomitously politically correct world we now live in I should have called him African American, but in Owens world, is there Africa and is there America?

And if not, what would the PC thing to say, be?

• Like 1

What do you mean by "racism tag"? I'm assuming someone said something and then edited it out?? I don't see any racism in this thread..

This thread is tagged with the keyword 'Racism?' Babycat and Clowney are the two most popular tags on TRF. Tags are outside the threads, not inside. Hope this helps.

I never even noticed he was black.

I just got to thinking...I called Owen black..Now in this vomitously politically correct world we now live in I should have called him African American, but in Owens world, is there Africa and is there America?

And if not, what would the PC thing to say, be?

This sounds like a topic for another thread, but I always go with black since not all people considered black are African. But, when you get right down to it, we are all probably of African decent if you want to go way back in time.. so really we're all brothers and sisters.

Uhh.. what was the question?

This thread is tagged with the keyword 'Racism?' Babycat and Clowney are the two most popular tags on TRF. Tags are outside the threads, not inside. Hope this helps.

News to me thanks!

And the politically correct term is black I'd say. As stated, not nearly all Africans are black.. Also why in the world would you assume all black people are from Africa??

People today seem to get so worried about being politically correct. It shouldn't be too hard to talk to someone with respect without worrying so much about how to label them..

I still see no racism here.. Talking about skin color is not racism lol.

This post isn't necessarily intended for anyone here.. Just a little mini-rant lol

Stupid thread guys, Sorry for starting it. I feel bad now.

Totally not a stupid thread.. I find it interesting that they did that. Good eye!

• Like 1

Maybe they did it on purpose to say that Owen's race doesn't matter to the story. And maybe, just maybe they want us to look inside ourselves and realize the same is true for each and every one of us. Don't let your race define your journey. Don't let others tell you what you are based on the color of your skin - follow that dream and you'll never regret the journey getting there.
  • Like 1