Robert Plant open to Led Zep Reunion—it's up to Page and Jones

Tombstone Mountain

Why do you all think Plant wants a reunion??? He didn't say he wants to, he's just saying he's open to it.. The reporter asked him why he doesn't want a reunion and Plant's basically saying "it's not me" .. That's it

"I'm not the bad guy . . . You need to see the Capricorns – I've got nothing to do in 2014." Robert opened the door. Says he's free next year. That's what makes it news.

I'd love love to see this, finances permitting. I saw Plant & Page in 94. I was suitably face melt blown away. Ended up seeing back to back Plant & Strange Sensation nights at the Tower in Philadelphia in 05 I think it was. Fantastic. They sounded great at the O2 in 07. They brought it. I've never seen Zeppelin, man, and if they come so will I. I have no reason to believe they wouldn't bring it in 14. Led Zep has been a top 3 band for me for the last forever. I don't think Robert would open the door like this if he thought he sounded like shit or his heart wouldn't be in it. He does have integrity, I think.

I understand why it's newsworthy but Plant is just saying he's open to it.. the interviewer opened the door by bringing it up.. I can't fault him for being open to it.. If he burned his bridge in the past though I'm sure he realizes it.. I doubt he's aching to get back with them.. He's just entertaining the idea that's all.. Don't read so much into it.. It's rolling stone after all..

I forgot to say that I guess the perception has always been it's Robert that's kiboshed any LZ reunion tour. He's always portrayed in the media as the holdout. He's certainly being a bit cryptic though. But maybe it has something to do with Bonzo's son that he's finally warming to the idea.

And hey, Rolling Stone, new friend of Rush :P :LOL:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/4703803464_ea807c56c2.jpg

Go take your meds Tony? Where did you get that from, basic-net.insults of yesteryear.com? :LOL:

Nah, I just thought you were being unusually belligerent and exercising your Internet muscles, s'all.

It's only rushgoober, and he loves it anyway! :joker:

translation: i act like he doesn't matter because i don't like him, so i give myself full permission to be a dick and pretend he enjoys it so i don't have to deal what an asshole i can be. ;)

Edited by rushgoober

I love Zep ... but Don't Do It!

there's a window for when doing something makes sense, and once that window closes, it's pretty awkward to try and pry it open again.

they're alive...that means the windows open. It won't be what we've had before...that should excite the hell out of everyone. Plant and Krause kicked major ass (see Grammy)...imagine what they could do if they put their hearts in it.

there's a window for when doing something makes sense, and once that window closes, it's pretty awkward to try and pry it open again.

they're alive...that means the windows open. It won't be what we've had before...that should excite the hell out of everyone. Plant and Krause kicked major ass (see Grammy)...imagine what they could do if they put their hearts in it.

it's not about putting their hearts in it or not - if plant can't sing live, he can't sing live - not much can be done about that.

This is a great idea. I for one really think they can make some magic happen. Plant has made some great music since Zepplin....his resume after Zepplin is full of great material. As for the age thing...its just a number.

Oh, it sounds like you guys need another Blade Grinder..

Go sleep with a 70 year old woman and then tell us it's just a number.

• Like 1

I think it's all for the money. This tour will bring in so much cash, they'll tour again, same with the Rolling Stones and Rush. They're alive, might as well get as much as they can now.

There is a huge difference between rush and the stones. Rush can still play at a high level.

Go take your meds Tony? Where did you get that from, basic-net.insults of yesteryear.com? :LOL:

Nah, I just thought you were being unusually belligerent and exercising your Internet muscles, s'all.

It's only rushgoober, and he loves it anyway! :joker:

translation: i act like he doesn't matter because i don't like him, so i give myself full permission to be a dick and pretend he enjoys it so i don't have to deal what an asshole i can be. ;)

Takes one to (think) he knows one... :P

This is a great idea. I for one really think they can make some magic happen. Plant has made some great music since Zepplin....his resume after Zepplin is full of great material. As for the age thing...its just a number.

Oh, it sounds like you guys need another Blade Grinder..

Go sleep with a 70 year old woman and then tell us it's just a number.

:LOL:

http://x1d.xanga.com/ccaf94f4d5630283084150/b225713677.jpg

• Like 1

it's not about putting their hearts in it or not - if plant can't sing live, he can't sing live - not much can be done about that.

He can sing live. Maybe not to your liking, but he's still cranking out good stuff. I hope they make another record. They could call it "Goober, your just full of hot air"

He can sing live. Maybe not to your liking, but he's still cranking out good stuff. I hope they make another record. They could call it "Goober, your just full of hot air"

ok, we'll see...

ok, we'll see...

I take it you don't enjoy his latest offings? Goobs he's the Golden God...he'll deliver.

I guess if I was a huge LZ fan I would be excited. But, I'm not, so I'm not.

Not sure how good Robert Plante would sound. When these old musicians finally pack 'er in? Jimmy will 117 and still hammering away on that Les Paul.

I guess if I was a huge LZ fan I would be excited. But, I'm not, so I'm not.

Not sure how good Robert Plante would sound. When these old musicians finally pack 'er in? Jimmy will 117 and still hammering away on that Les Paul.

Robert Plant still creates relevant music...yeah he's not in his 20's, but he cranked it when I saw him. I hope they make new music it would be a dream come true for many. You need to check out his album with Alison Kraus—outstanding!!!

Ugh . This old Sea Hag can't hack it anymore . Please let it rest . If i was Page i would tell him to go f**k himself, they waited on Him and now "He has Nothing Going On " f**k him and the broom he rode in on. It's over Plant , let the good times rest in piece, you washed up bag of monkey nuts

Just look at the old man. There is no way in HELL he could pull of a Tour.

I think Page, Jones and Bonham CAN pull it off!!

The better question would be, who has the pipes to sing in this band in 2013?

ANN WILSON!!!!!

I would pay to see that.

Ugh . This old Sea Hag can't hack it anymore . Please let it rest . If i was Page i would tell him to go f**k himself, they waited on Him and now "He has Nothing Going On " f**k him and the broom he rode in on. It's over Plant , let the good times rest in piece, you washed up bag of monkey nuts

Just look at the old man. There is no way in HELL he could pull of a Tour.

I think Page, Jones and Bonham CAN pull it off!!

The better question would be, who has the pipes to sing in this band in 2013?

ANN WILSON!!!!!

I would pay to see that.

Their older material will be a challenge vocally no doubt...new songs are what I want...it would be EPIC

ok, we'll see...

what about NEW songs Goob? Songs that don't try to repeat the past but go a step further...does that pique your interest at all?

ok, we'll see...

what about NEW songs Goob? Songs that don't try to repeat the past but go a step further...does that pique your interest at all?

Rush were the very, very, VERY rare exception of a band that made an excellent album 38 years after their debut. That's pretty much unheard of. Do you really expect that Zeppelin, 44 years after their debut, have a chance in a thousand of making an album that comes anywhere close to approaching their legacy?

Again, to me it's do you want the real thing, or are you willing to accept whatever dregs they have left. If you don't mind the dregs, go see them live even if Plant is painfully croaking out the lyrics just so you can say you saw them, or buy the album (which almost definitely won't happen) that would almost definitely be a shadow of their former glory and listen to it 500 times if it makes you happy.

I appreciate where you're coming from, but the sad truth is that you missed it. Almost all of us did. It's not 1969-1979, it's 2013. That ship has sailed. Elvis has left the building.

Edited by rushgoober
  • Like 2

ok, we'll see...

Rush were the very, very, VERY rare exception of a band that made an excellent album 38 years after their debut. That's pretty much unheard of. Do you really expect that Zeppelin, 44 years after their debut, have a chance in a thousand of making an album that comes anywhere close to approaching their legacy?

Again, to me it's do you want the real thing, or are you willing to accept whatever dregs they have left. If you don't mind the dregs, go see them live even if Plant is painfully croaking out the lyrics just so you can say you saw them, or buy the album (which almost definitely won't happen) that would almost definitely be a shadow of their former glory and listen to it 500 times if it makes you happy.

I appreciate where you're coming from, but the sad truth is that you missed it. Almost all of us did. It's not 1969-1979, it's 2013. That ship has sailed. Elvis has left the building.

It's not that I want to SEE them so much as I want to HEAR new stuff. You keep saying that Plant is done as a singer, have you listened to Raising Sand? I'm not the only one singing its praises, this is from the wikipedia entry on it:

Critics praised Krauss and Plant's vocal harmonization, with one critic saying that the "key to the magic is the delicious harmony vocals of the unlikely duo."[14] Various music critics described Alison Krauss's vocals as being "spellbinding", "honey-sweet", "weepy", "saccharine", and "haunting".[12][14][15] On the other hand, Robert Plant's sometimes "wailing" vocals were described as "orgasmic", and "slithering", in regard to his lead roles.[10][15]

"Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)" was released as a single and won the Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals at the 50th Grammy Awards. The song "Killing the Blues" was #51 on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Best Songs of 2007.[16]

here is the Wiki entry for his last solo album Band of Joy:

Reaction to the album has been positive. Metacritic, by incorporating a number of respected critical reviews, gives the album an aggregate score of 80 out of 100,[7] a "generally favorable review" by the site. Rolling Stone, in particular, gave the album three and a half stars and ranked it #8 on its list of the 30 Best Albums of 2010.[8] Q Magazine in its January 2011 edition ranked Band of Joy as the second best album of 2010, stating that, "[f]ree from having to imitate his 20-year-old self in Zeppelin, the sexagenarian sings to his strengths here, with Miller and Griffin his not-so secret weapons on an album that pinwheels between gentlemanly country-blues (Cindy, I'll Marry You Some Day), spooky lo-fi (Silver Rider) and charming '60s pop (You Can't Buy My Love)." [9]

Now if you're expecting him to sound dead on like the guy from the 70's, well we're not gonna get that...and I'm glad. Gimme Plant the way he sounds now...it will be something special...as his last two efforts have been.

ok, we'll see...

It's not that I want to SEE them so much as I want to HEAR new stuff. You keep saying that Plant is done as a singer, have you listened to Raising Sand? I'm not the only one singing its praises, this is from the wikipedia entry on it:

Critics praised Krauss and Plant's vocal harmonization, with one critic saying that the "key to the magic is the delicious harmony vocals of the unlikely duo."[14] Various music critics described Alison Krauss's vocals as being "spellbinding", "honey-sweet", "weepy", "saccharine", and "haunting".[12][14][15] On the other hand, Robert Plant's sometimes "wailing" vocals were described as "orgasmic", and "slithering", in regard to his lead roles.[10][15]

"Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)" was released as a single and won the Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals at the 50th Grammy Awards. The song "Killing the Blues" was #51 on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Best Songs of 2007.[16]

Reaction to the album has been positive. Metacritic, by incorporating a number of respected critical reviews, gives the album an aggregate score of 80 out of 100,[7] a "generally favorable review" by the site. Rolling Stone, in particular, gave the album three and a half stars and ranked it #8 on its list of the 30 Best Albums of 2010.[8] Q Magazine in its January 2011 edition ranked Band of Joy as the second best album of 2010, stating that, "[f]ree from having to imitate his 20-year-old self in Zeppelin, the sexagenarian sings to his strengths here, with Miller and Griffin his not-so secret weapons on an album that pinwheels between gentlemanly country-blues (Cindy, I'll Marry You Some Day), spooky lo-fi (Silver Rider) and charming '60s pop (You Can't Buy My Love)." [9]

Now if you're expecting him to sound dead on like the guy from the 70's, well we're not gonna get that...and I'm glad. Gimme Plant the way he sounds now...it will be something special...as his last two efforts have been.

meh

ok, we'll see...

meh

Coming from a guy who thinks listening to Headlong Flight is a chore...whatever bro

ok, we'll see...

meh

Coming from a guy who thinks listening to Headlong Flight is a chore...whatever bro

fwiw, i love headlong flight. i think you might be referring to my initial impression of the song, but that changed long ago. read anything i've written about the album since the full album came out.

anyway, if the thought of a new led zeppelin album excites you (even though that's quite a long jump from robert plant hinting at merely being open to a reunion to them making an album), that's cool, and i don't want to take away your excitement, it just doesn't excite me personally and i think they're way past their expiration date. i do love led zeppelin, however...

Edited by rushgoober