Does anyone play Hearts on windows? I have an 83 game unbeaten streak!

treeduck

I get them confused... is hearts the one you don't want the hearts or the Q of Spades? And if you get them all you "shoot the moon" and give everyone else 26 points? Or is that Spades??

In college, my roommate and I had a 300+ streak on FreeCell going, but since I have a playstation, I play Call Of Duty and stuff like that :LOL:

I get them confused... is hearts the one you don't want the hearts or the Q of Spades? And if you get them all you "shoot the moon" and give everyone else 26 points? Or is that Spades??

In college, my roommate and I had a 300+ streak on FreeCell going, but since I have a playstation, I play Call Of Duty and stuff like that :LOL:

Yeah that's the game, although I don't call it "shooting the moon" although the program does, I call it "the kind of lowdown dirty trick that causes fist fights"! :16ton:

Yeah that's the game, although I don't call it "shooting the moon" although the program does, I call it "the kind of lowdown dirty trick that causes fist fights"! :16ton:

I have a hearts app (which I obviously haven't played in a while) and I once shot the moon on 3 straight hands :LOL:

I've never heard of the game before, but thanks for the tag, Duck! :blaze:

You'd like it. Stephen King even wrote a story about the game and named the collection after the story, Hearts in Atlantis. Anthony Hopkins starred in the film although the film is an adaptation of another story in the collection.

I remember hearing about a story of that name, but I had no idea it had been named after the game. Thanks for that, Duck - I'll look out for it. :) Is Hearts on Google Play?

Probably.

:pokercards: :pokercards: :pokercards: :pokercards: :pokercards: :ebert:

In that case, I'll have a look. :)

Me too. I'm intrigued now... :)

You'd like it. Stephen King even wrote a story about the game and named the collection after the story, Hearts in Atlantis. Anthony Hopkins starred in the film although the film is an adaptation of another story in the collection.

I remember hearing about a story of that name, but I had no idea it had been named after the game. Thanks for that, Duck - I'll look out for it. :) Is Hearts on Google Play?

Probably.

I had a look. Looks too complicated. I fold.

Oh come on Baby it's easy. All you have to do is get rid of your hearts and avoid taking the queen of spades. So when you get your hand and you throw three cards away get rid of high cards or clubs, never throw away spades, always throw away the ace, king and queen of spades, unless you have all or most of the high hearts, then you can try to shoot the moon. On the first move you can't play hearts or the queen of spades, don't worry though if you forget the computer won't let you play wrong moves. On that first move if you have the ace of clubs play it because you can't get hit with anything yet and it gives you control of the next move which you might need if you're stuck with the queen of spades and not many other spades.. :hail:

• Like 1

I have a hearts app (which I obviously haven't played in a while) and I once shot the moon on 3 straight hands :LOL:

:pokercards: :pokercards: :pokercards: :dweez:

I haven't played in maybe a year, but I used to.

Apparently, there's a name for my style of play: I'm what they call a "dumper." When it comes to trading cards before each round, I often pass the cards in the suit I'm lowest on, in an effort to become void of an entire suit. Then during play, I'll quickly run out of cards in that suit (if I wasn't already void, before play began) and when someone leads with that suit I have the legal excuse of playing the Queen of spades and/or her trumping cards (A, K of spades), because hey, I don't have any cards in the actual suit being played! This works for prematurely breaking Hearts, too.

Understand what I'm saying? I Googled "Hearts cards dumper," and found hits. "Create a void in another suit (such as clubs or diamonds) and then dump the queen of spades on an off-suit trick," or put another way, "hope to get rid of other suits so that you can dump the queen of spades when someone leads such a suit."

There's another facet of playing, which I think everybody uses: you start by playing your highest (trumping) cards and work downward in the suit. If you're trying to shoot-the-moon, do the opposite: start with your low cards and (generally speaking) work upward to the biggest trumpers.

Edited by GeddyRulz

To me that's the obvious tactic when selecting cards to get rid of, but I never get rid of spades apart from the ace, king and queen (unless a moon shoot is likely). I always keep the ace of clubs too And clubs is the suit to get rid of first if you can, because clubs is played first and most likely to be cleaned out first.

I never get rid of spades apart from the ace, king and queen

Right, me neither. But the Q, K, and A are obvious: get rid of 'em, or you'll end up eating Her Highness for an unwanted 13 points.

Probably.

Probably.

I had a look. Looks too complicated. I fold.

Oh come on Baby it's easy. All you have to do is get rid of your hearts and avoid taking the queen of spades. So when you get your hand and you throw three cards away get rid of high cards or clubs, never throw away spades, always throw away the ace, king and queen of spades, unless you have all or most of the high hearts, then you can try to shoot the moon. On the first move you can't play hearts or the queen of spades, don't worry though if you forget the computer won't let you play wrong moves. On that first move if you have the ace of clubs play it because you can't get hit with anything yet and it gives you control of the next move which you might need if you're stuck with the queen of spades and not many other spades.. :hail:

**** me..! :P :P Call that easy.?! :LOL: What you're describing is strategic tactics - something I lack! :rfl:

I never get rid of spades apart from the ace, king and queen

Right, me neither. But the Q, K, and A are obvious: get rid of 'em, or you'll end up eating Her Highness for an unwanted 13 points.

Other things are once the queen has been played you then want to hit someone else with a heart to prevent any moon shooting, or even take one on purpose to nip it in the bud. And aggressively playing spades to get someone hit ASAP, then following that with aggressively playing low hearts, if you have the cards.

Word.

A.

Ment.

We need to get everyone to download the app so we can play against each other.

Can you play other people? Like anyone? :o :unsure:

It's an online game, so yes, you play against a bunch of random people OR you can "frenemy" people you know and play against them.

Wordament is like Boggle, but online. It pretty much doesn't matter what device or computer you have. You can download and play the game. You are forewarned... it is like crack. The government might take away your baby.

http://wordament.com/

Word.

A.

Ment.

We need to get everyone to download the app so we can play against each other.

Can you play other people? Like anyone? :o :unsure:

It's an online game, so yes, you play against a bunch of random people OR you can "frenemy" people you know and play against them.

Wordament is like Boggle, but online. It pretty much doesn't matter what device or computer you have. You can download and play the game. You are forewarned... it is like crack. The government might take away your baby.

http://wordament.com/

Will I start acting like a crack maniac?? :eh: :o :smoke: :eh:

:eh:

:eh: :eh:

I've just had my unbeaten streak snapped at 106... :(

Alice Cooper was just getting nothing, not a thing and Ace Frehley was taking everything, I was just left stranded in the middle! :|

So what happened to Lemmy?

Alice Cooper was just getting nothing, not a thing and Ace Frehley was taking everything, I was just left stranded in the middle! :|

Oh he was no help he wanted to lose, just like Ace frehley!! This is the problem with this game, you have to beat them all and if one of them falls apart before you're in position you fall apart too!

Oh he was no help he wanted to lose, just like Ace frehley!! This is the problem with this game, you have to beat them all and if one of them falls apart before you're in position you fall apart too!

:hug2: :hug2: Oh, Duck..! :hug2: :hug2:

Don't worry baby I've started a new streak so far it's just 3... :wacko: :LOL: :madra: :hi:

Don't worry baby I've started a new streak so far it's just 3... :wacko: :LOL: :madra: :hi:

Let's hope you get a lot further this time! :)

Well the streak was snapped! I blame it on changing to a red felt background! The streak is at 1 now!

Well the streak was snapped! I blame it on changing to a red felt background! The streak is at 1 now!

Awww........! :hug2: :hug2:

2 :laughing guy:

2 :laughing guy:

What's the streak now?