Someone is about to pay nearly $400 for a tshirt.

HalfwayToGone

You guys are strange. IF I caught one of those shirts, at a show, I'd simply hand it to the closest kid to me. Gees, it's just a piece of cotton fabric.

Well, first off, I am not a big fan of kids at rush shows, I am 45 and I guess times have changed, but I wasn't allowed to go to rock concerts as a kid, or perhaps it was because I had parents who liked Opera and Classical music....but to each his own....

Yes, its just a piece of cotton fabric, that is aparently worth like $200 or more on ebay....

and as I had mentioned earlier, on a previous tour, I actually caught a shirt and gave it to a stranger next to me because he seemed so upset that he didn't catch it....

but I have to say, its a real interesting topic, about a piece of cotton fabric....

Wow that's stupid. I wouldn't pay more than $60 for that shirt.

I remember at one show I went to, Geddy through one near me... guess where the shirt landed? on MY seat. However, it was dark and I was unaware of it. I was searching all over the ground for it and I looked up and saw it on my seat. Right before I reached for it, the guy right behind me saw it and snatched it. I was SO pissed!

Edited by MusicalAbby2112

Wow that's stupid. I wouldn't pay more than $60 for that shirt.

something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it....

dodge hemi muscle cars from the 70s sell at auction these days for hundreds of thousands of dollars, more than used ferraris....I'd rather have the ferrari any day, but others beg to differ....

the shirts are rare and can only be had at a show, thrown by the band, so calculate the number of shows on the tour times the number of shirts they throw per show.....they are rare, and if no one wanted them, they would be worth....nothing....but obviously, fans want them....

I didn't know about these "exclusive" shirts. At the two shows I've been to, was not close enough to even think about getting one. If I did though, I would wear, not sell it, but I would also not pay $400 for one either.

When we were in Vegas near the end of 2011 I was tempted by a Rush signed guitar. I don't remember which hotel it was in, we walked through so many. It was $2,500 if I remember right. Not like I could afford it anyway.

I got handed a set of used drum sticks from M. Mosbach a few years at a Detroit show. It never even entered my mind to try and sell them.

:no: :no: :no:

Hey all, my very first post!! This is a great site that I have been reading for quite a while, and finally decided to jump into the fun.

My son was lucky enough to catch one of Alex's "my car goes fast" shirts at the Tampa show. When he opened it up we all just laughed, and said "well that's Alex"...the shirt made no sense at all, and only a select few folks would know what the hell the shirt is. Its classic Rush!!!

We had VIP seats, and didn't know where we would be sitting, but had discussed this with some of the guys at the hotel. The next morning I am talking to the same guys, and mention that we ended up 6th row and that the kid caught a shirt, and how silly it was. A couple minutes later, the guy says "you better hang onto that shirt", and hands me his phone with an EBAY auction with one selling for $285!!! COOL!!!

I guess we were real lucky, because the shirt is either an XL or XXL (can't remember), but it fits!!!!

That show was our first to have great seats, and it spoiled us. Can't wait for Orlando, and we dont know where our seats are gonna be again till the night of the show!!!!

I got handed a set of used drum sticks from M. Mosbach a few years at a Detroit show. It never even entered my mind to try and sell them.

:no: :no: :no:

I feel like you do....if Praetorian (mosbach) handed me sticks, i would keep them forever....

for some reason, and i have one in my drawer, the shirt means nothing to me....i can't explain why, it just does....

I have been lucky enough to have a guitar pick thrown to me by Alex....i never thought of selling that....never...

but the shirt doesn't fit, and to me, its a shirt, not as personal as a pick alex used and tossed into the crowd, or neil sticks grabbed from the stage by mosbach and brought to you at a concert....

a shirt that was sitting with 30 other shirts that came from a box of hundreds of shirts carried around from city to city that was put in a basket and touched by one of the guys for two seconds and thrown into the crowd....just doesn't do it for me....but hey, everyone is entitled to think of it as they wish...

and...it doesn't fit....if it did, i would probably be proud to wear it at future shows...