Geddy's Picture 2112 LP

Animate

At the end of the day though, Geddy Lee's fingers are responsible for most of the music I listen to.. He can do whatever he wants with them!!

......................not................going....................to...................comment........................Must...............be...............good........................................

....you......commented.............we're on to you!! ;)

Well, I didn't say what my brain was thinking, so you're all welcome for that! :)

No, not the finger. I had to go back at look at it closely. Geddy is giving us all the hairy eyeball!

His middle finger is pressing up on his eyebrow and his ring finger is pressing down on his cheek. Go back and take a look! Geddy's telling us that if we don't buy this album and dedicate the next 30+ years of our lives to Rush's success, he will put a hex on us. No...wait...Geddy already put the hex on us!

It's a hairy eyeball! :eh:

Aha! But it IS the middle finger?

Yes, but you can see the knuckle of his first finger and it looks like the finger is extended. Perhaps that is to add more strength to the upward press on the eyebrow.

Or perhaps, he's using the British equivalent ("V" like the peace sign but with the back of your hand showing instead of your palm - usually accompanied with an "up your's" motion). :unsure:

Your argument is compelling, however, and your reasoning sound. I'll defer my work and give it great consideration today. :)

I'll bet the most staging that went into any of the photos on 2112 was the effort to make sure the knuckles were aligned just right to make it unclear if there are one or two knuckles showing.

Most certainly. I gave this great consideration yesterday to the detriment of all else. I think they were going for an Oracle-like effect with Geddy and his hairy eyeball and the obfuscated bird he is obviously flipping to all of us, the fans, and the record company executives and his family too (I'm sure). His finger alignment is meticulous and exquisite.

Had you noticed that Geddy loves playing bass so much he changed his last name to Lee-bass? Look at the spacing between the letters and, again, it is obvious. Do you think they cut money from the spelling budget and used it to cover the exorbitant cost of proper finger alignment procedures? Wow, he sure loves music.

Today, I'll find another set of duties to ignore and consider what Geddy is doing with his right hand. Do you think he is flipping us off with that hand too? :unsure:

• Like 1

At the end of the day though, Geddy Lee's fingers are responsible for most of the music I listen to.. He can do whatever he wants with them!!

......................not................going....................to...................comment........................Must...............be...............good........................................

:tempted: !

No, not the finger. I had to go back at look at it closely. Geddy is giving us all the hairy eyeball!

His middle finger is pressing up on his eyebrow and his ring finger is pressing down on his cheek. Go back and take a look! Geddy's telling us that if we don't buy this album and dedicate the next 30+ years of our lives to Rush's success, he will put a hex on us. No...wait...Geddy already put the hex on us!

It's a hairy eyeball! :eh:

Aha! But it IS the middle finger?

Yes, but you can see the knuckle of his first finger and it looks like the finger is extended. Perhaps that is to add more strength to the upward press on the eyebrow.

Or perhaps, he's using the British equivalent ("V" like the peace sign but with the back of your hand showing instead of your palm - usually accompanied with an "up your's" motion). :unsure:

Your argument is compelling, however, and your reasoning sound. I'll defer my work and give it great consideration today. :)

I'll bet the most staging that went into any of the photos on 2112 was the effort to make sure the knuckles were aligned just right to make it unclear if there are one or two knuckles showing.

Most certainly. I gave this great consideration yesterday to the detriment of all else. I think they were going for an Oracle-like effect with Geddy and his hairy eyeball and the obfuscated bird he is obviously flipping to all of us, the fans, and the record company executives and his family too (I'm sure). His finger alignment is meticulous and exquisite.

Had you noticed that Geddy loves playing bass so much he changed his last name to Lee-bass? Look at the spacing between the letters and, again, it is obvious. Do you think they cut money from the spelling budget and used it to cover the exorbitant cost of proper finger alignment procedures? Wow, he sure loves music.

Today, I'll find another set of duties to ignore and consider what Geddy is doing with his right hand. Do you think he is flipping us off with that hand too? :unsure:

Thanks for the giggle, CygnusGal! This has made my morning mood thus far! :)

And incidentally, yesterday I was sitting with my boyfriend and he was cradling his face similarly to Geddy's pose, so in consideration of this thread, I copied him, and tried to align my ring finger as Geddy had done. Much easier to do with the middle finger! The ring finger isn't really all that strong enough to elicit a pose such as this, unless maybe one happens to be a bass god with fingers of steel. I dunno....

• Like 1

Also, in case anyone cares: I happen to have, as my desktop right now, the photo of Geddy from the Time Machine tour book where he is surrounded by various meats and sausages (I joke with my boyfriend that there is something for both of us here). He is wearing a white kimono-y garment over top long black sleeves, and looks very similarly garbed to the 2112 photo, which I've just noticed now, and is very cool! Let's see if I can copy that picture here...:

Here's the 2112 one:

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o586/animate2112/IMG_0232_zps0277978d.jpg

And my desktop picture:

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/tourbooks/time-machine-geddy.jpg

Similar, no?

And any way you slice it, Geddy has nice forearms. Especially in long sleeves!

Edited by Mika

.. Just realized I have the same pose on a Facebook pic but I'm actually flipping the bird lol

I think he's trying to look thoughtful and pensive. While shooting the bird :D

I think he's wondering why Alex is wearing that ridiculous fedora. :LOL:

Looks like a hat Jimmy Buffet should be wearing, Yep! wonder how much thought went into that?

Here's how much thought went into that:

Alex gets joint from Geddy. Geddy says to Alex "ya know, I think the hat will make you look serious...like you mean business." Alex responds with an exhale of smoke and says "Ya think so eh?"

:LOL: I love how the pig head has glasses and a soul patch.

Only just noticed that! :P

Me too! Well, I'd noticed the glasses, but not the li'l tuft of hair on the chinny-chin-chin. Ya know, altogether, that is kind of a weird picture!

• Like 1

My biggest concern with that picture is why would the god of bass want to destroy a bass with a meat cleaver?

I know... and it certainly adds to the surrealism of the picture. But Geddy's winsome grin distracts me from any kind of outrage associated with the wanton destruction of a fine musical instrument.