The Life of Pi - Yann Martel

barney_rebel

I really enjoyed it. A friend of mine and I read it together, and had great discussions around it. A big theme for us was the dismissal of the boy's story and whether his tale is any less plausible than the myths behind the world's great religions. What the boy experienced is pure Old Testament.
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed it. A friend of mine and I read it together, and had great discussions around it. A big theme for us was the dismissal of the boy's story and whether his tale is any less plausible than the myths behind the world's great religions. What the boy experienced is pure Old Testament.

Story was clever as hell.... might be one I will read again some time.

This is a great book. I've heard that the movie is good but I don't want to see it because I loved it so much that I don't want to see anyone else's visions of it imposed on the ones that reading the book created in my heart and in my mind.

This is a great book. I've heard that the movie is good but I don't want to see it because I loved it so much that I don't want to see anyone else's visions of it imposed on the ones that reading the book created in my heart and in my mind.

I am hearing the movie is 99% as the book is told. I haven't seen it though.

Yeah, I've heard that, too, and that's all well and good, but it's still someone else's idea of what the whole thing looked and felt like, you know what I mean?

I might see it eventually, but I'm always hesitant to see movies of books I love because even when the movies are good I usually feel like they don't live up.

Yeah, I've heard that, too, and that's all well and good, but it's still someone else's idea of what the whole thing looked and felt like, you know what I mean?

I might see it eventually, but I'm always hesitant to see movies of books I love because even when the movies are good I usually feel like they don't live up.

I just finished Dean Koontz's Cold Fire, and at the end of the book he does a blurb about Hollywood approaching him to make it into a movie. He was hilarious.

The "Pi" film is doin well tonight. I'll have to see it.