Bring on Milwaukee!!

Lost In Xanadu

Since then we've been patiently waiting for the official tour date announcement, and now that the Holidays are over that announcement should be just around the corner. As a matter of fact, over the weekend NJ classic rock station 105.5 WDHA announced on the air that there will be a Rush show at Radio City Music Hall later this year in addition to other NYC-area shows (thanks jeffb2112) but didn't give any specific dates. And reader Kristy reports that Chicago's WLUP recently made a similar on-air announcement regarding an upcoming Chicago Rush show this year. I've also heard from a reliable source that Rush will be making a return to the Milwaukee Summerfest for a show as well - likely right around the 4th of July (thanks dinorush). Judging by how events have played out around past Rush tour announcements, once the radio stations start chattering about the upcoming shows, that usually means that an official announcement will be coming within the next week or two. Also, with the tour likely starting in mid-April given that the European leg begins in late May, they pretty much have to make an announcement within the next few weeks. For reference, the 2008 leg of the Snakes & Arrows tour also began in mid-April with the official announcement on Friday, January 18 of that year. If they hold to a similar schedule we'll get the announcement either this weekend or next, so stay tuned!

- From RIAB

I'm looking forward to Milwaukee. I heard a rumor from RIAB that it's going to be during Summerfest. Hopefully not on Fireworks Day. The street was full of people who had way too much to drink and couldn't keep it down, if you know what I mean. As for Chicago, I'd like to see them at the UC again. I really think this show has to be indoors. The visuals are the best they've ever had. Can't wait for the DVD.

All right! Summerfest!

A 10 minute drive down the freeway.

So Cool! I'll be coming from Madison! What good hotels & parking are available down there?

:cheerleader: :yay: :hi:

All right! Summerfest!

So Cool! I'll be coming from Madison! What good hotels & parking are available down there?

Parking will depend on where you stay. If they are indeed playing at Summerfest, save yourself a headache and ride the bus from your downtown hotel.

It takes hours to get out of the lot, but it is very convenient. You can hang out until the lot clears a bit.

There are a lot of fine hotels downtown, but they fill up fast for Summerfest, especially on a weekend. Make your reservations as soon as you buy your tickets.

I could say more, but let's save it for the official thread :yay: so the info doesn't get lost.

All right! Summerfest!

Parking will depend on where you stay. If they are indeed playing at Summerfest, save yourself a headache and ride the bus from your downtown hotel.

It takes hours to get out of the lot, but it is very convenient. You can hang out until the lot clears a bit.

There are a lot of fine hotels downtown, but they fill up fast for Summerfest, especially on a weekend. Make your reservations as soon as you buy your tickets.

I could say more, but let's save it for the official thread :yay: so the info doesn't get lost.

Cool! Thanks for the info! No problem on the upcoming show thread!!!...

:cheers:

How much do you want to spend? :) I've stayed at the Milwaukee Intercontinental and the Pfister - both great downtown hotels. We got a free brunch at the Pfister when we stayed and that was worth it alone!!