The Shield

Snowdog

if anyone should find out about Shane and Lem its Ronnie. during the 2nd episode when Shane and Ronnie were at the Barn keeping an eye out for Vic when he had his APB put on him, Shane was talking about stories to tell to keep Vic out of it and mentioned that Lem wasnt on to the idea of going to Mexico afterall. how would shane know that unless he got to Lem the day he was killed? Lem was for it when Vic took him to hide, but only eve mentioned not doing it when he met with Shane that night.

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD? im a Shield junkie. lol. my favorite tv show. one of the few i actually "follow".

as for Kavanaugh, unless they need his character for any other reason, we should just assume hes going to jail and whatnot. his situation is something the writers dont keep milking things like other shows. same thing with Tavon.

next week looks awesome and this season already blew me away the first episode.

its a crime for a tv show to have as good of writing and realistic actors and characters and situations as The Shield. a crime.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 19 2007, 09:04 PM)
My guess is the last minute of the season finale will involve Shane copping to Lem's murder and Vic staring at him in disbelief. The end. And we'll have to wait month's to know the outcome  fists crying.gif

I think you may be right about that. And I'll throw in that Vic will probably reach for his gun, too ohmy.gif

I have visions of a scene along the lines of the one in season 4 when Shane was being blackmailed by Antwon Mitchell and Vic went to meet him in the middle of the night, thinking that Shane had been ordered to kill him. That was one of the most intense scenes I can remember, when Vic pulled his gun on Shane and Shane was just there to beg for his help new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 20 2007, 09:54 PM)
The Shield Sucks!!! yes.gif

SO DO YOU NECRO !!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/moving%20pictures%20smilies/getwell.jpg

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Apr 20 2007, 10:16 PM)
The Shield Sucks!!!  yes.gif

SO DO YOU NECRO !!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/moving%20pictures%20smilies/getwell.jpg

NUH-UH!!! YOU DO!!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 20 2007, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Apr 20 2007, 10:16 PM)
The Shield Sucks!!!  yes.gif

SO DO YOU NECRO !!!!

NUH-UH!!! YOU DO!!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

DUH....

oh wait....

i mean...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/moving%20pictures%20smilies/catfight.gif

Vic is finally starting to lose it. The new character, Kevin Hiatt, will be no match for Vic, though no.gif

The preview for next week was shocking. It seems Shane finally confesses, but that can't be, can it? wink.gif

Shane did confess...to his wife at the end of the show and it certainly looks like from the previews that Vic is putting the pieces together. We could see another cop on cop killing soon.

I will say I was glad to see Shane get his butt kicked over the Tillie thing. Heck, he has deserved several beatings over the years for many things and always seems to weasel his way out of them. And now he appears to be losing his wife and kids to boot...

Ronnie-grow the beard back man!!! You don't look like the same guy and it takes an edge of toughness off of you.

Vic is going to erupt soon and its not going to be pretty.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 3 2007, 08:00 PM)
Ronnie-grow the beard back man!!! You don't look like the same guy and it takes an edge of toughness off of you.

I liked the continuity with his scars, though new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm "acquiring" episodes 6x08 and 6x09 at the moment applaudit.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ May 4 2007, 05:04 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 3 2007, 08:00 PM)

I liked the continuity with his scars, though new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Mrs. Snowdog picked up on that immediately. Nice attention to detail there!

Julien as part of the Strike Team??? Will he be a problem or will he dive head on into the Strike Team philosophy and become a complete bad @ss?

this weeks show......#6 i think? where, spoiler.................................

Vic finds out Shane killed Lem, was amazing. the last scene was one of the best things i've seen on The Shield and the whole episode makes any other drama look like a comedy. one of the best episodes of TS ever. can't wait for next weeks.

QUOTE (prog.fusion @ May 10 2007, 05:42 PM)
this weeks show......#6 i think? where, spoiler.................................

Vic finds out Shane killed Lem, was amazing. the last scene was one of the best things i've seen on The Shield and the whole episode makes any other drama look like a comedy. one of the best episodes of TS ever. can't wait for next weeks.

I agree. The way Vic handled the whole situation completely shocked me. Vic has never really shown restraint and you wouldn't think in the wake of an admission like Shane's he would show any. Another brilliant turn from an absolutely brilliant show.

I must admit, I've been waiting for Shane to get whats coming to him and when Vic didn't administer immediate, deadly justice, I was disappointed and angry. But after I thought about it, I realized that it was sheer brilliance.

edit: This past episode was yet another example of why Vic Mackie is the most compelling anti-hero television has ever seen. Michael Chiklis is an amazing actor.

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 10 2007, 10:53 PM)
edit: This past episode was yet another example of why Vic Mackie is the most compelling anti-hero television has ever seen. Michael Chiklis is an amazing actor.

And then some yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

By all that's good and right in the world there is no way we should be sympathising with Vic. And yet we do. He's the lesser of two evils. That's testament both to Chiklis' skill as an actor and the way the characters are written. Everyone on the show is screwed up in one way or another - apart from Lem, maybe. Compared to, say, Dutch, Vic comes out smelling of roses laugh.gif

Saw the season finale, 6x10, last night. Oh. My. God. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

So now Ronnie know the truth about Terry Crowley ohmy.gif

How will that change things between him and Vic?

The tension building between Shane and Vic will most certainly have deadly consequences for one of them.

I will say with Lem gone and Shane essentially gone from the Strike team, I think the show is missing a key dynamic. Things are not the same with Hiatt and Julien as members of the Strike team and Lem and Shane gone. A big part of the show was the bond the 4 team members shared, even with the secrets kept from each other.

I really, really miss Lem... sad.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 23 2007, 11:55 PM)
I really, really miss Lem... sad.gif

I agree sad.gif

I miss him because he was the most sympathetic character on the show, IMO. I wonder where this season would have gone if he hadn't died.

I really like how Ronnie has gradually become more and more important to the show new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well, season 6 is done and what an ending it was! It looks as if Aceveda is realizing that he needs Vic, despite how much that displeases him. I cannot believe Shane ratted out Ronnie and Vic to the Armenians. When Vic finds that out, combined with the fact that Shane killed Lem, that outlook isn't so bright for Shane.

With the next season being the last, I can certainly see Shane being killed off. The big question is will Vic get away with all of his past sins without penalty?