New Genesis Album?

drbirdsong

So I can't sleep, as usual, and I'm looking around the web and I came across this:

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/drbirdsong/Front.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/drbirdsong/Back.jpg

At first I thought it was some sort of live compilation, but it is not. It is in four parts, but all four tracks play with no breaks at all. It is a mash-up compilation of 1970s Genesis songs. The sound is rather stunning. There is no mention of any record label on any of the very well done packaging.

It seems to be a fan collage. With today's technology such things are possible, but whoever did this has really outdone themselves. What seems to give away the "unauthorized" nature is no credits at all other than the band names and it includes art for the disc but it is square so that it can just be overprinted on a round blank cd. It also includes the Genesis logo from Abacab which is a out of place for this era of the band's music.

If you do a google search for "Genesis - A Glimpse In The Night" you can find it in about a second. Anyone know anything else about the origin of this one?

I've been listening to it while on TRF this morning. Some transitions work better than others. There are several abrupt changes from one song to the next, but a couple of times the songs flow into each other quite well. A full listen makes me sure it's just a fan project. It's interesting if you like 1970s Genesis. Collins' vocals were a lot closer to Gabriel in that period so that part is not a big deal. Whoever did it went to a lot of effort. I'll have to rate it: for fans only, but not bad.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 4 2012, 11:29 AM)
I've been listening to it while on TRF this morning. Some transitions work better than others. There are several abrupt changes from one song to the next, but a couple of times the songs flow into each other quite well. A full listen makes me sure it's just a fan project. It's interesting if you like 1970s Genesis. Collins' vocals were a lot closer to Gabriel in that period so that part is not a big deal. Whoever did it went to a lot of effort. I'll have to rate it: for fans only, but not bad.

Where did you find it? Obviously a decent mash-up.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 4 2012, 11:23 AM)
For a second there I was genuinely excited.

Then I opened the thread.

Sorry, I was excited too, and posted prematurely. Please forgive me, but a google search will find it and it ain't that bad. I've listened to it twice and have no intention of deleting it.

Phil Collins said he would consider touring or recording again when his youngest children are old enough to drive. Oh please, oh please, oh please.

http://www.bunalti.com/?p=239443

Edited by drbirdsong

As much as I'd love a new Genesis album, never gonna happen. Phil's already said he's done with the industry and retired, Steve and Peter are touring their own stuff, and Tony and Mike sorta just fell off the radar. I don't see another tour or even a one-off in the near future, if at all. Really, I was happy to see them for the Phil/Mike/Tony reunion and that's that.

On the compilation, it seems pretty interesting. Downloading it now and will give it a few listens. Also, the recreation of the Mad Hatter is from an artist who recreates Genesis artwork. He goes by the name DavidRaphael and he makes some pretty decent stuff. I recognized his Mad Hatter rendition immediately.

http://m.rollingstone.com/v/News/CulturePh...382cd3e19efaa21

Hope the link above works, the chances of PC touring with either Mike and Tony, or indeed Peter seem unlikely due to his nerve damage. There was an interview with him last month in the UK press, which I can't find atm, the theme was very similar PC was still had no intention of playing live. I've been lucky enough to see Genesis on the last 3 tours and would love to see them once more, here's hoping!

Edited by L3ander

Ideally I'd love to see Genesis reunite with the classic lineup but I wouldn't mind seeing them with Gabriel, Hackett, Rutherford, Banks, and a Collins replacement (Nick D'Virgilio would be a good choice). Unfortunetly I can't see this happening either. Edited by ColdFireYYZ