Pop-Ups here on TRF

HowItIs

VERY recently, I'm having a problem here on TRF. When I click on the box next to a topic to go to the latest post, I don't go there - I get a blank page. Okay, I can get around that.

But when I post something, I hit Add Reply and get a blank page. When I refresh I have to resend and then I get the pop-up message up top and I allow it. Then there are two identical posts. If I should try to go back instead of refresh, I get the site's error message about posting too soon.

I have added this site to my exceptions for pop-ups. I haven't done anything new to Firefox. I can't figure out why this is suddenly an issue. So it's making me very reticent about posting here right now. Any ideas? confused13.gif wacko.gif

So that's why we're getting duplicate posts from you. Its okay...deep breaths, deep breaths... smile.gif

What do you mean "When I refresh"? The site moves you forward and you shouldn't have to manually refresh anything.

Check your maintenance on Firefox, make sure you're current. Check Java and any adware/malware detectors you run (AdBlockPlus, Ghostery, Spybot, Microsoft Security Essentials, etc.) If you have auto-update active on Windows, you probably got patched for something in Windows and are now feeling the effects.

I run Firefox and haven't experienced the issues you've described. I do not run Windows auto-update, I patch manually.

If you don't have a copy of Spybot - get one and run it. It is free.

Need more information to really fix the issue. You can PM me if you'd like. I don't know if I can help you, but I'll try.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 27 2012, 07:56 AM)
You're getting pop-ups? WEIRD!

I wish I could be in front of your computer so I could see exactly what you're seeing.

Hmmm...why do I think there's more to your statement than meets the eye? Simmer down over there. wink.gif

Since there are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't, I can tell by your 73 that you are 1. I chose to see you as x'49' though...you look much younger. smile.gif

1-0-0-1-0-0-1 is an 'I' - how appropriate. Like a robot becoming "human" via self identification.

Anyway, I use firefox also without issue. I have seen goofy things when I look at the site from my android phone. Sometimes when I click on "quote" to reply to a thread, I get sent to Amazon.... wacko.gif

Yep, everything you suggested, CG. nada. So I just reset Firefox. Had to reinstall add-ons, etc. but that fixed it. eh.gif

Thanks CG and 73 smile.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 28 2012, 03:35 AM)
Yep, everything you suggested, CG. nada. So I just reset Firefox. Had to reinstall add-ons, etc. but that fixed it.  eh.gif

Thanks CG and 73 smile.gif

Glad you got it fixed. smile.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 27 2012, 09:22 PM)
1-0-0-1-0-0-1 is an 'I' - how appropriate. Like a robot becoming "human" via self identification.

Anyway, I use firefox also without issue. I have seen goofy things when I look at the site from my android phone. Sometimes when I click on "quote" to reply to a thread, I get sent to Amazon.... wacko.gif

I used to get sent to Amazon a lot. I was using a Samsung Galaxy S at the time. Since I started using my Samsung Galaxy S III, it's not happened since.