Digital SLR camera, allowed?

marlinsfan

QUOTE (marlinsfan @ Sep 24 2012, 10:17 AM)
Are they allowing digital SLR cameras into the shows this tour?

if not, the little point and shoot will have to do again!

I've been to two shows on this tour so far and I haven't seen anyone with a DSLR. Cellphone cameras galore. Point and shoots, maybe... but I would be cautious if it were me, especially if sitting near an aisle where the security guys can get to you easily wink.gif

The newer smart phones have nice video and pix. Got the new iPhone 5 and it takes nice vids ans pix. Security telling people to stop taking vids is futile. Lots of people have smart phones. It's like telling people to stop breathing. Seen some people with the zoom cameras. They are a bit bulky to get through in a tap down.

QUOTE (marlinsfan @ Sep 24 2012, 11:17 AM)

Yes, and make sure you bring a tripod too.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Sep 24 2012, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (marlinsfan @ Sep 24 2012, 11:17 AM)

Yes, and make sure you bring a tripod too.

laugh.gif applaudit.gif

i emailed jiffy lube live in DC and asked them. they told me to contact Rush's press manager. i emailed her and the response i got was that you can only bring a DSLR if you get a press credential.

i found this site which has some more info on credentials. http://www.nppa.org/professional_developme...redentials.html. i suppose you could represent yourself as a freelancer and see how far that gets you. although i do know from a photography class i took a few years ago that press credentials are not "all access" passes. if you've got lawn seats and want close-up pics, you'd best get a long lens.

QUOTE (jcsbass @ Sep 26 2012, 07:40 AM)
i emailed jiffy lube live in DC and asked them. they told me to contact Rush's press manager. i emailed her and the response i got was that you can only bring a DSLR if you get a press credential.

i found this site which has some more info on credentials. http://www.nppa.org/professional_developme...redentials.html. i suppose you could represent yourself as a freelancer and see how far that gets you. although i do know from a photography class i took a few years ago that press credentials are not "all access" passes. if you've got lawn seats and want close-up pics, you'd best get a long lens.

jcsbass, thanks for doing all that work! I'm leaving the dslr at home, and will just bring the old point and shoot.

leaving the tripod at home too rofl3.gif