I Just DO NOT understand...

Thunder Bay Rush

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tjtull @ Sep 18 2012, 08:32 AM)
QUOTE (Astroboy2112 @ Sep 17 2012, 10:57 PM)
Yeah! The fact is if they decide to play Lamneth, The Necromancer, the Cygnus books, etc All the casuals will go WTF at the concerts just as they are going WTF with the synth stuff. I have a bootleg from the Counterparts tour and I can clearly hear a guy going wtf is this? And another guy yelling Hemishpheres!!! and the guy goes WHAT?! and the die hard goes Hemispheres!!!! Hemispheres!!!! lol

Welcome to the world of rock-fandom. It happens with every single band that has been around for more than a couple of decades. It has a whole lot less to do with the age of the fan than it does the respect the fan has for the band.

To add on to this...it probably also has something to do with the IQ of the person yelling for certain songs. What headlining band actually takes requests anyway laugh.gif You have to be really dense to think that RUSH is going to play a song because they heard you yelling it.

Ged's up there on stage and thinks, "Damn, Hemispheres! Yes! Let's throw that together right now for this guy screaming his lungs out".

QUOTE (tjtull @ Sep 18 2012, 08:58 AM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Sep 18 2012, 08:32 AM)
QUOTE (Astroboy2112 @ Sep 17 2012, 10:57 PM)
Yeah! The fact is if they decide to play Lamneth, The Necromancer, the Cygnus books, etc All the casuals will go WTF at the concerts just as they are going WTF with the synth stuff. I have a bootleg from the Counterparts tour and I can clearly hear a guy going wtf is this? And another guy yelling Hemishpheres!!! and the guy goes WHAT?! and the die hard goes Hemispheres!!!! Hemispheres!!!! lol

Welcome to the world of rock-fandom. It happens with every single band that has been around for more than a couple of decades. It has a whole lot less to do with the age of the fan than it does the respect the fan has for the band.

To add on to this...it probably also has something to do with the IQ of the person yelling for certain songs. What headlining band actually takes requests anyway laugh.gif You have to be really dense to think that RUSH is going to play a song because they heard you yelling it.

Ged's up there on stage and thinks, "Damn, Hemispheres! Yes! Let's throw that together right now for this guy screaming his lungs out".

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 17 2012, 09:42 AM)
Come on, are you new to the internet? This is a message board, complaining about complainers never works out too well.

If someone wants less CA and more older stuff, they should be able to express that without being called retards. You know how many people still go to Rush shows that havent bought a Rush album in decades? A LOT. When I went to the S&A tour almost NOONE around me knew any of the new songs and PNC in NJ was absolutely dead during the first part of that 2nd set when they played all those songs in a row.

This isnt really the 70s or 80s anymore where everyone at Rush shows was buying their albums and wanted to hear all the new stuff. Sure, complaining about Rush playing new material is pointless, but the fact is they do have a crap load of fans that dont buy their albums anymore, or dont love them anyway, so you just have to live with it. Complaining about it here and insulting them accomplishes nothing.

You call yourself "A Fan" yet, you haven't bought a new rush album in decades ? Perhaps if you bought a few of the new releases, you would know the songs they were playing. My first rush album was "Caress Of Steel" (A new release at the the time, mind you) and it is still one of my favorites today, yet to go see them, and expect them to play stuff off that album is unrealistic ! Rush are not the same band today, that they were in the 70's. The music has evolved, and with 20 albums to their credit, it's impossible to play stuff from every release ! I thought the set list was great, I thought the show was great, and I was actually happy to not hear Limelight, 2112,and a few of the others that have been played to death !! Now if they would only give Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions, and Spirit of Radio a well deserved rest .........

QUOTE (Clydefrog @ Sep 18 2012, 09:45 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 17 2012, 09:42 AM)
Come on, are you new to the internet? This is a message board, complaining about complainers never works out too well.

If someone wants less CA and more older stuff, they should be able to express that without being called retards. You know how many people still go to Rush shows that havent bought a Rush album in decades? A LOT. When I went to the S&A tour almost NOONE around me knew any of the new songs and PNC in NJ was absolutely dead during the first part of that 2nd set when they played all those songs in a row.

This isnt really the 70s or 80s anymore where everyone at Rush shows was buying their albums and wanted to hear all the new stuff. Sure, complaining about Rush playing new material is pointless, but the fact is they do have a crap load of fans that dont buy their albums anymore, or dont love them anyway, so you just have to live with it. Complaining about it here and insulting them accomplishes nothing.

You call yourself "A Fan" yet, you haven't bought a new rush album in decades ? Perhaps if you bought a few of the new releases, you would know the songs they were playing. My first rush album was "Caress Of Steel" (A new release at the the time, mind you) and it is still one of my favorites today, yet to go see them, and expect them to play stuff off that album is unrealistic ! Rush are not the same band today, that they were in the 70's. The music has evolved, and with 20 albums to their credit, it's impossible to play stuff from every release ! I thought the set list was great, I thought the show was great, and I was actually happy to not hear Limelight, 2112,and a few of the others that have been played to death !! Now if they would only give Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions, and Spirit of Radio a well deserved rest .........

Well said Frogman...well said...that is the way to think!

This is for you Frogman!!!

Complainers are allowed to complain about the setlist if they are unhappy with it.

Complainers who complain about people complaining about the setlist b/c they are unhappy with the setlist are allowed to do so.

And I'm allowed to be f***ing happy b/c I completely have no complaints about the setlist as I'm a HUGE fan of RUSH's synth-era!!!

trink39.gif to all fans who feel the same way as I do! And all the others will hopefully be happy again with the next tour setlist.

2.gif rules!

QUOTE (seven-eye-dice @ Sep 18 2012, 10:58 AM)
Complainers are allowed to complain about the setlist if they are unhappy with it.

Complainers who complain about people complaining about the setlist b/c they are unhappy with the setlist are allowed to do so.

And I'm allowed to be f***ing happy b/c I completely have no complaints about the setlist as I'm a HUGE fan of RUSH's synth-era!!!

trink39.gif to all fans who feel the same way as I do! And all the others will hopefully be happy again with the next tour setlist.

2.gif rules!

Right there with ya Seven eye trink39.gif

Agree that it is better to see the cup as half full rather than half empty when it comes to the band still out there trying to give fans 3 hours of music. I am not enamored with this setlist but won't whine about it either. I think it all boils down to the idea that the band wanted to "gamble" a bit with this tour and not duplicate the previous three. For me, they rolled craps but for others they rolled the number they needed to win. But I'll give them credit for still being out there gambling when so many others have left the game. (woh, maybe I went a bit overboard on the metaphor, huh?) Edited by jjgittes