World's BEST drummer - Dylan Elise???

Thunder Bay Rush

Wow, this kid is really, really good! I'm very impressed on every level of his ability. Super creative, incredible chops, sick grooves, amazing speed, just all around awesome!

Sure it's "just a solo", but I guarantee the guy can groove with a band. All the grooves he played during that solo tell me he can lay it down with a full band.

If you don't think this guy is amazing, there's something seriously wrong with you. He's on a different level than 99% of all drummers out there.

Thanks for the link, I'm now a fan!!

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 20 2012, 06:20 PM)
Wow, this kid is really, really good! I'm very impressed on every level of his ability. Super creative, incredible chops, sick grooves, amazing speed, just all around awesome!
Sure it's "just a solo", but I guarantee the guy can groove with a band. All the grooves he played during that solo tell me he can lay it down with a full band.
If you don't think this guy is amazing, there's something seriously wrong with you. He's on a different level than 99% of all drummers out there.
Thanks for the link, I'm now a fan!!

99.999% He's the real deal.

QUOTE (goose @ Sep 15 2012, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Sep 15 2012, 08:47 AM)
Dude is unreal. No drummer I've ever seen (except perhaps Virgil Donati) has pulled off shit like that. His technique is superb and his ideas are creative. Neil's good but he's not even in the same universe as this kid.

yes.gif

Anyone that doesn't acknowledge this kid's genius doesn't have a clue. And as far as solos go, the one posted kills. It's one of the few solos I've seen in a long long time that I've played all the way through.

Make that twice, all the way through.

653.gif

And, to think that this solo was done when he was just 16, with just a home video camera, one camera angle, no edits. This guy's skills are astonishing.

I've played drums all my life... I just play for fun now and I don't consider myself very good anymore, but I do know about drums... I taught for a few years at the Canadian Conservatory of Music back in the day too. So, I am confident that I know enough to correctly assess one's skills on the kit.

He's about 20 now, I think. I can't find any professional videos on him, but if anyone finds one, I'd love to hear about it.

He does things that even the world's top drummers could not do. And, i'm not talking about stick tricks either. Just watch his playing. Technique, speed, groove... all of it.

Terry Bozio, Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, Bill Bruford, Carl Palmer, Steve Smith, Dave Weckl... all these guys would look a little outdone in a head to head competition. As ridiculous as this may sound I believe it to be true.