Rush is art, and Ged,Alex& Neil are the artists

Astroboy2112

Music is an art form. Alex, Geddy, and Neil are the artists. An artist can do whatever the heck they want with their art because it's not mine, its not yours, it's theirs.

Did Picasso paint what the people wanted him to paint?! No, he did what he wanted because it was HIS art. He was speaking his mind, he was letting people inside his brain. He became a revolutionary because he followed his own vision and dreams. He was true to his art just like Rush is true to theirs.

Many famous painters, sculptors,architects have been commissioned to do works of art. The Vatican paid many artists to do works of art in their temples.Many people are saying they feel robbed because Rush is not playing JL, Bastille day, Anthem, etc Now did you personally commission Rush to perform your dream setlist? No you didnt! If you payed Rush to play Jacobs Ladder and Xanadu and they don't play it then I see you having a legitimate complaint but i dont think no one posting here did that. What you did do was you bought a ticket to see an artist perform HIS art. You are not the owner of Rush's catalog. Your not Ged,Alex, and Neil's boss. You didn't write Jacobs Ladder. They did! If they feel that that song doesn't fit their message and their vision today then they don't play it because IT'S THEIR ART.

Rush has always been true to their vision and art. If you didn't watch the doc i suggest you watch it so you can learn a little about Rush artistic manifesto. They will not play songs because X fan or Y fan wants to hear them. They will play the songs that they feel best represent their vision and art at the time. They are playing songs from the 80's that lyrically and musically speak to them at this moment. If you actually payed attention to what they are playing you'll notice that those songs have some very strong lyrics.They are also playing the new album with strings so that it stays true to their latest work of art ,CA, which had strings on the record. It's their art, they are playing what they want and saying what they want to say because they are true to themselves as artists and their art and you better believe they're damn proud of that art.

If you are a fan of Rush as an artist... How the *$$*^ are you not satisfied with seeing the band perform their art?!! People complaining about this setlist being a travesty...You know what the real travesty is fans insulting their favorite artist for staying true to their vision since 1974.

QUOTE (Astroboy2112 @ Sep 12 2012, 04:44 PM)
Music is an art form. Alex, Geddy, and Neil are the artists. An artist can do whatever the heck they want with their art because it's not mine, its not yours, it's theirs.

Did Picasso paint what the people wanted him to paint?! No, he did what he wanted because it was HIS art. He was speaking his mind, he was letting people inside his brain. He became a revolutionary because he followed his own vision and dreams. He was true to his art just like Rush is true to theirs.

Many famous painters, sculptors,architects have been commissioned to do works of art. The Vatican paid many artists to do works of art in their temples.Many people are saying they feel robbed because Rush is not playing JL, Bastille day, Anthem, etc Now did you personally commission Rush to perform your dream setlist? No you didnt! If you payed Rush to play Jacobs Ladder and Xanadu and they don't play it then I see you having a legitimate complaint but i dont think no one posting here did that. What you did do was you bought a ticket to see an artist perform HIS art. You are not the owner of Rush's catalog. Your not Ged,Alex, and Neil's boss. You didn't write Jacobs Ladder. They did! If they feel that that song doesn't fit their message and their vision today then they don't play it because IT'S THEIR ART.

Rush has always been true to their vision and art. If you didn't watch the doc i suggest you watch it so you can learn a little about Rush artistic manifesto. They will not play songs because X fan or Y fan wants to hear them. They will play the songs that they feel best represent their vision and art at the time. They are playing songs from the 80's that lyrically and musically speak to them at this moment. If you actually payed attention to what they are playing you'll notice that those songs have some very strong lyrics.They are also playing the new album with strings so that it stays true to their latest work of art ,CA, which had strings on the record. It's their art, they are playing what they want and saying what they want to say because they are true to themselves as artists and their art and you better believe they're damn proud of that art.

If you are a fan of Rush as an artist... How the *$$*^ are you not satisfied with seeing the band perform their art?!! People complaining about this setlist being a travesty...You know what the real travesty is fans insulting their favorite artist for staying true to their vision since 1974.

Notice how hush hush Rush was about their set list, I mean art, so all the diehard Rush fans buy tickets so they can get the best seats they can, Guys (and girls), they are pulling your chain. As for me I waited to see what the set list is before I bought a ticket because I have been burned before by their lame set lists, art. I knew they would not play much classic Rush, but this surpassed my low expectations. Go Rush !!!!!!!!!! cheer.gif

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 12 2012, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (Astroboy2112 @ Sep 12 2012, 04:44 PM)

Rush has always been true to their vision and art. If you didn't watch the doc i suggest you watch it so you can learn a little about Rush artistic manifesto. They will not play songs because X fan or Y fan wants to hear them. They will play the songs that they feel best represent their vision and art at the time. They are playing songs from the 80's that lyrically and musically speak to them at this moment. If you actually payed attention to what they are playing you'll notice that those songs have some very strong lyrics.They are also playing the new album with strings so that it stays true to their latest work of art ,CA, which had  strings on the record. It's their art, they are playing what they want  and saying what they want to say because they are true to themselves as artists and their art and you better believe they're damn proud of that art.

Notice how hush hush Rush was about their set list, I mean art, so all the diehard Rush fans buy tickets so they can get the best seats they can, Guys (and girls), they are pulling your chain. As for me I waited to see what the set list is before I bought a ticket because I have been burned before by their lame set lists, art. I knew they would not play much classic Rush, but this surpassed my low expectations. Go Rush !!!!!!!!!! cheer.gif

Then go see Ian Anderson rofl3.gif

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 12 2012, 04:11 PM)
That is a good idea, Ian Anderson is an artist who always plays great classics, always changes the set list, always has new material and never disappoints. applaudit.gif

except that his voice is so shot its cringeworthy, and I'm a huge fan. Rush wipes the floor with his more recent performances.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Sep 12 2012, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 12 2012, 04:11 PM)
That is a good idea, Ian Anderson is an artist who always plays great classics, always changes the set list, always has new material and never disappoints.  applaudit.gif

except that his voice is so shot its cringeworthy, and I'm a huge fan. Rush wipes the floor with his more recent performances.

Thick as a brick. pt. 2 confused13.gif

QUOTE (Astroboy2112 @ Sep 13 2012, 12:13 AM)
Well, i guess my post was a waste of time comp26.gif

No, I agree. As a photographer, I completely understand. For as long as the boys have been attracting the crowds, it's up to them...they have to play it night after night after night. It has to be FUN for them, otherwise, what is the point?

Gotta hand it to them, they keep it fun for THEM...there's no way a band can sustain a career like they have if it isn't.