"Satisfaction" tease in "The Wreckers"

cmaj7flat5

I suppose your talking about the cheery beginning?

Yes.

The Wreckers is all about thinking you know everything in life, until something shows you you don't.

The "Wreckers" in history were pirates that would set up fake lighthouses to lure in ships, only for them to crash upon the shore they could not see, while the Pirates looted the ship and went on their merry way. I asked my history teacher about it, interesting stuff.

That's all what this song is about. Thinking you know the path in life, until something comes and messes it all up. Such a fantastic song.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 11 2012, 11:35 PM)
I suppose your talking about the cheery beginning?

Yes.

The Wreckers is all about thinking you know everything in life, until something shows you you don't.

The "Wreckers" in history were pirates that would set up fake lighthouses to lure in ships, only for them to crash upon the shore they could not see, while the Pirates looted the ship and went on their merry way. I asked my history teacher about it, interesting stuff.

That's all what this song is about. Thinking you know the path in life, until something comes and messes it all up. Such a fantastic song.

http://cdn2.mamapop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/themoreyouknow.jpg

Interesting little tidbit. I thought it was something Neil made up to go along with the story, I didn't know it had some actual history behind it