Ged has answered his critics.

eshine

There is no question Ged had some struggles on the last tour, particularly towards the end.

There has been plenty of discussion about how "bad" he would sound on this tour - and I'm pleased to report that the band has chosen a setlist that favors Geds current vocal range and really showcases his abilities.

The only time he really tests his upper register is on the new material, which of course sounds fantastic.

This is a very smart and savvy set by the band - one I can see them playing out for the next year without taxing his voice - and the alternate set sounds just as cool.

They never cease to amaze.

I actually agree with this. Since Geddy is getting older, they're playing more of their 80's hits, which is actually fine. If they ever played more of their 70's material again, there would have to be numerous changes down to their sound in order to compensate for Geddy's current vocal range, which I'm sure many purists would hate to hear.

And it is really just a matter of hitting/descending to a semi-tone from perfection, this is on every tour. As a vocalist, the tough part is matching your pitch with what you hear of YOU thru the PA/Monitors, your bass feed, and of course the rest of the band.

QUOTE (av450 @ Sep 9 2012, 12:30 PM)
I think a couple parts in grand designs and middletown dreams are somewhat high

Right - but he will be able to manage these parts easily.

He really pushed his voice to the limit on the last tour. They have gigs set for the next year and a half.

This is a very smart setlist. He sounds fantastic.

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 8 2012, 11:18 PM)
There is no question Ged had some struggles on the last tour, particularly towards the end.

There has been plenty of discussion about how "bad" he would sound on this tour - and I'm pleased to report that the band has chosen a setlist that favors Geds current vocal range and really showcases his abilities.

The only time he really tests his upper register is on the new material, which of course sounds fantastic.

This is a very smart and savvy set by the band - one I can see them playing out for the next year without taxing his voice - and the alternate set sounds just as cool.

This isn't subatomic particle theory. How can a simple decision made in light of all the complaints about his voice amaze you? moon.gif

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 9 2012, 03:21 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 8 2012, 11:18 PM)

This isn't subatomic particle theory. How can a simple decision made in light of all the complaints about his voice amaze you? moon.gif

Get laid, dude - seriously

Your posts on this board are sad