Lip synching?

Yokkov

Alex definitely was really singing when I went...

The thing that nobody understands about Alex is that his mic is there only to back up Ged's vocals.. So you rarely hear Alex because of the way it is set up..

rush sucks

said nobody ever. I don't think any lead vocals are sampled, maybe just some backups and harmonies.

I don't think av450 was serious, but yes, anyone with some knowledge knows the lead vocals are live and that Geddy at times augments with vocal samples. Alex's backup vocals are modulated.

Alex's vocals aren't modulated at all. He's actually singing. It's just soooooo low in the mix that you can't hear it 99% of the time. Check out "Turn around, turn around turn around." He fires off a Ged sample, but you can still faintly hear his voice under there. Same with "It's a measure of a life."

I have seen this show 3 times

I totally noticed what you are talking about(it is the Anarchist), did you notice that at the end of that part he hit a foot pedal...I believe he was NOT lip syncing but did synth his voice....

Geddy always sings live. Studio recorded background vocals are used when "Geddy Choirs" are needed and during specific parts where live vocals just aren't possible (Clockwork Angels, Earthshine, Double Agent etc). I just wish that Geddy and Alex would stop pretending to sing when they are clearly not.

I for one want to hear more of Alex's singing. I know it's rough at times, but that's part of the appeal.

Edited by Dscrapre

Alex's vocals aren't modulated at all. He's actually singing. It's just soooooo low in the mix that you can't hear it 99% of the time. Check out "Turn around, turn around turn around." He fires off a Ged sample, but you can still faintly hear his voice under there. Same with "It's a measure of a life."

:sigh: To modulate means to change the tone, pitch or volume. Alex's vocals are modulated. He's not a good singer. And please. Geddy does not lip synch to The Anarchist, or any lead vocal part.

I suppose technically speaking, lowering the volume would be "modulating" his vocals, yes.

And I agree, how anyone could actually think Geddy would lip sync a lead part is beyond me lol.

On the first leg, it seemed to me that the "megaphone" parts in CA/The Anarchist, and the bass intro to Headlong Flight were samples, but this time around, I'm pretty sure I saw/heard him sing/play along to the samples, so you heard the sample and his live attempt.

I wish that Geddy wouldn't try to act like he's singing the "Blues" part of Clockwork Angels. In the video it's so embarrassingly fake. He should just walk over to Alex and rock out during that section and come back when it's time for him to really sing. I actually think that it would be pretty cool if they went that route instead. The mysterious, disembodied voice of the Watchmaker, descending from the sky with no visible source. Seems to fit.

Kind of how Queen never sang the operatic parts of "Bohemian Rhapsody" live. That part was always from the recorded version. When it ended, they came came live and rocked the ending. The 80000+ at Wmbley or wherever really didn;t care.