Philip K Dick

micgtr71

This summer I revisited Philip K Dick. I had read a number of his short stories and novels in my youth. This summer, I read Voices From the Street and In Milton Lumky Territory. I also read some of his short stories that were available on the kindle. Great stuff. Right now, I am reading A Scanner Darkly. Great stuff.

Any other fans out there?

^ I really liked that one. Surprised at how different it was from Blade Runner. When I read it, I found a paperback copy that had the BR movie poster and title. I reread it a few years back and enjoyed it more knowing that it was inspiration and that the film was not meant to have a direct connection.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 9 2012, 06:18 AM)
^ I really liked that one. Surprised at how different it was from Blade Runner. When I read it, I found a paperback copy that had the BR movie poster and title. I reread it a few years back and enjoyed it more knowing that it was inspiration and that the film was not meant to have a direct connection.

I read the first edition copy that my library has...I was tempted to steal it because apparently the first edition of the book is worth a little money

QUOTE (bathory @ Sep 9 2012, 01:24 PM)

I read the first edition copy that my library has...I was tempted to steal it because apparently the first edition of the book is worth a little money

Gaaah....I saw one going for 15000. That would be very tempting.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 11 2012, 05:09 PM)

you have no idea how tempting it was...

QUOTE (bathory @ Sep 12 2012, 07:28 AM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 11 2012, 05:09 PM)

you have no idea how tempting it was...

Jesus. I thought you were talking about just a few hundred bones