I'm a girl drummer who likes Rush...

smsterner94

Well here I am!!! I am 18 as of 7/23/12 and I am a girl drummer, I have been drumming for 4 1/2 years and I am a humongous Peart fan. In fact I am the drum tech for my good friend's forthcoming Rush tribute band. We're recreating the Candy Apple Red Tamas (right down to the gold plating and squirrel cage fans) and they are EPIC!!

Anyways, it all started with The Who for me. I'm a huge Keith Moon fan and he was my first inspiration for drumming. Also, through a long twisted story involving me having a brain tumor and becoming involved with a charity that I got to meet and befriend Roger Daltrey of the Who. I've met him 6 times over the last 2 years and we have become very good friends. He pretty much treats me like a VIP now lol it is really surreal. He's a very down-to-earth, wonderful man. I'm looking forward to meeting Pete on this next tour as well.

But anyways, here's me.

www.youtube.com/drummergirl2112

www.youtube.com/mrskeithmoon

Nice to meet you all!!

2.gif

NeilFinal.gif

Fabulous! As a fellow rhythm section player, I'm always delighted to see women playing "male" instruments.

Welcome to RTF and Happy Birthday!

smile.gif

cheer.gif

QUOTE (smsterner94 @ Jul 23 2012, 11:46 AM)
Well here I am!!! I am 18 as of 7/23/12 and I am a girl drummer, I have been drumming for 4 1/2 years and I am a humongous Peart fan. In fact I am the drum tech for my good friend's forthcoming Rush tribute band. We're recreating the Candy Apple Red Tamas (right down to the gold plating and squirrel cage fans) and they are EPIC!!

Anyways, it all started with The Who for me. I'm a huge Keith Moon fan and he was my first inspiration for drumming. Also, through a long twisted story involving me having a brain tumor and becoming involved with a charity that I got to meet and befriend Roger Daltrey of the Who. I've met him 6 times over the last 2 years and we have become very good friends. He pretty much treats me like a VIP now lol it is really surreal. He's a very down-to-earth, wonderful man. I'm looking forward to meeting Pete on this next tour as well.

But anyways, here's me.
www.youtube.com/drummergirl2112
www.youtube.com/mrskeithmoon

Nice to meet you all!!

2.gif
NeilFinal.gif

Wow, I'm a huge fan of The Who also. That's quite some story you have! Welcome to TRF! trink39.gif

Haha it's actually not my birthday, that was just bad wording. I meant that I'm 18 as of this year (technically January 19th haha). But thanks for the well wishes!!

QUOTE (smsterner94 @ Jul 23 2012, 08:58 PM)
Haha it's actually not my birthday, that was just bad wording. I meant that I'm 18 as of this year (technically January 19th haha). But thanks for the well wishes!!

Yep! Reread your post and saw that you've become friends with Daltrey. Baadass! trink38.gif

QUOTE (smsterner94 @ Jul 24 2012, 02:58 AM)

ohmy.gif Awwwwww.., darn it..! ohmy.gif