Everybody Loves Raymond vs. Home Improvement

Lerxster

35 members have voted

1. 1. Everybody Loves Raymond vs. Home Improvement

• Everybody Loves Raymond
    • Home Improvement

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 27 2012, 12:41 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 21 2012, 11:21 AM)
Neither sitcom can compete with Seinfield.  Next would be Cheers.

Nah, Cheers by miles. EVERY episode was good and every cast member was great. Seinfeld seemed to become a lampoon of itself towards the end ((was still decent though)). Even the characters in Seinfeld seemed to be quite different from what they were in the earlier seasons. Also, Cheers has the best sitcom series finale that I can think of.

Cheers > Seinfeld > Home Improvement > Everybody Loves Raymond

I agree, even the very first episode of Cheers was hilarious (compare that to many, many other good sitcoms where it took a season or two for the actors to really find their characters).

And they struck gold twice- Found a great replacement for Coach, who was awesome in his own right, and Rebecca for Diane.

Anybody remember the epsiode where Cliff was on Jeopardy and all the questions were about the postal system and stuff? laugh.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 21 2012, 09:51 AM)
ELR is one of my most favorite shows.

i seriously can't stand Marie, though. she annoys me to no end.

some of my favorite episodes are P. T. & A. , Halloween Candy, Boob Job, Marie's Sculpture, Angry Sex, and The Power Of No.

yes.gif

Not sure the title, but the PMS episode has to be my favorite. I love Ray, it has to be in my top 3 Sitcoms with Seinfeld and Cheers. I'm not counting The Simpsons as a sitcom, but if I did, Ray would be in the top 4.

Other favorites:

The Office

30 Rock

Modern Family

Fresh Prince

Friends back in the day, but watching old episodes... it just doesn't hold up for me.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jul 24 2012, 01:42 PM)
Neither.

This.

I had to watch both shows as a kid with my parents and didn't like either of them. The only person I thought was funny on either show was Peter Boyle in Everybody Loves Raymond.

I haven't read what others have written, but I have been in tears laughing, watching Ray and Robert fighting rolling around on the floor. z7shysterical.gif

"INTRUSIVE!"