CA vs VT Sound Quality

Gedneil Alpeart

VT vs. CA- which album has better sonic production?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. VT vs. CA- which album has better sonic production?

• CA by a lot
    • CA by a fair amount
    • CA only by a little
    • VT and CA have the same sonic production problems
    • VT only by a little
    • VT by a fair amount
    • VT by a lot

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jul 23 2012, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 22 2012, 08:53 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jul 22 2012, 07:10 PM)
How can you complain about the production... who gives a flying f**k about production.

Most people.

I don't get why the production value has to take a hit on the musical quality. It's not even bad. The complaining is quite annoying, actually.

what's annoying is you complaining that the complaining is annoying.

smile.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 23 2012, 04:16 PM)
How can you complain about the production... who gives a flying f**k about production.

Most people.

I don't get why the production value has to take a hit on the musical quality. It's not even bad. The complaining is quite annoying, actually.

smile.gif

And you're complaining about the complaining that the complaining is annoying. Then again, Im complaining about you complainimg about the complaining that the complaining is annoying.....

unsure.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 23 2012, 04:16 PM)

Most people.

smile.gif

applaudit.gif

Vapor Trails is so bad it should be considered defective. There are parts that are almost overwhelmed by clipping and digital distortion (especially Secret Touch and Vapor Trail). Ten years on, I am still pretty amazed the album made it out to production like that -- did NO ONE hear how bad it was? (Or was everyone involved too burned out to care at that point?)

It's just tragic because the songs themselves were (to me!) mostly awesome. Ceiling Unlimited, Earthshine, and Out of the Cradle (my second-favorite album closer after Countdown) are three of my all-timers. (And yeah, they could've chilled a little bit and not put 297858490 guitar and bass overdubs on it, but...)

Not worse than VT, but not that much better. What is worse, the mixed levels are not that great. Totally under play Alex and Neil and over play Ged. Too many places where Neil (mostly higher toms, but heavy toms are over done) and Alex get left in the Ged mud.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 23 2012, 04:54 PM)
Not worse than VT, but not that much better. What is worse, the mixed levels are not that great. Totally under play Alex and Neil and over play Ged. Too many places where Neil (mostly higher toms, but heavy toms are over done) and Alex get left in the Ged mud.

interesting, i thought some of Alex's guitar parts were loud and harsh sounding, especially the title track.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jul 23 2012, 05:12 PM)

Most people.

Is your hearing quality challenged?

The sound quality of CA makes the music annoying to me. I am not happy about this because I could enjoy it much more.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 23 2012, 06:57 PM)

Most people.

The sound quality of CA makes the music annoying to me. I am not happy about this because I could enjoy it much more.

The sonic production is def loud and compressed, but nowhere near VT to me and most here. To the extent that it bothers someone is just something subjective.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 23 2012, 06:56 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 23 2012, 04:54 PM)

interesting, i thought some of Alex's guitar parts were loud and harsh sounding, especially the title track.

It's def bass heavy, but dont hear a lot of mud. I can follow the bass lines pretty well note for note. Lerxst is def quite loud too in many spots with Neil's fills often sounding subdued, and in other spots, his fills sounding more upfront, so inconsistent.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jul 23 2012, 04:12 PM)

Most people.

Do you find that food tastes better when it's prepared properly?

Most people.

Have you listened to the vinyl? It's significantly better than the CD. Not great, but better.

Most people.

Well that's a lame reason to complain about.. hahahaha. Quit over analyzing music.. it's pretty clear to me. VT was very crunchy and I hear the problems with it, but I still enjoy it? It doesn't take away from the music.. music is music dude. If it makes it that annoying, quit listening all together. That way you don't have alot to whine about.