Clockwork Angels Tour discussion

Snow-Dog2112

Alright ladies and gents, lets see what we have so far on a setlist for the one and only... Clockwork Angels tour.

1. Caravan- Pretty much guaranteed, One of the two songs released back in 2010 (Has it really been that long?). We should look forward to seeing this one played.

2. BU2B- Like Caravan, Pretty much guaranteed.

3. The Wreckers- Awesome song, since plastered on the front of the album, will most likely get played

4. Headlong Flight- Same reasons as The Wreckers, and also since it was the first single released

5. Jacobs Ladder....mabey- Al's been talking about playing this one, but we never know if he's a reliable source or not ;P

6. Losing It- Seems likely to happen, seeing as they're playing with the orchestra

7. Marathon- Same reasons as Losing It

8. A Farewell To Kings- Ged's talked about trying this out in rehearsals for the past few tours, mabey they'll work it out by then

9. Tom Sawyer- Never went a tour without it. Then again, Iron Maiden went without playing Hallowed Be Thy Name on the tour they're currently on

10. The Garden- They seem real proud of this one, wouldn't make sense if they didn't play it.

So what are your ten songs?

QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Jul 17 2012, 10:39 PM)
Alright ladies and gents, lets see what we have so far on a setlist for the one and only... Clockwork Angels tour.

1. Caravan- Pretty much guaranteed, One of the two songs released back in 2010 (Has it really been that long?). We should look forward to seeing this one played.

3. The Wreckers- Awesome song, since plastered on the front of the album, will most likely get played

4. Headlong Flight- Same reasons as The Wreckers, and also since it was the first single released

5. Jacobs Ladder....mabey- Al's been talking about playing this one, but we never know if he's a reliable source or not ;P

6. Losing It- Seems likely to happen, seeing as they're playing with the orchestra

8. A Farewell To Kings- Ged's talked about trying this out in rehearsals for the past few tours, mabey they'll work it out by then

9. Tom Sawyer- Never went a tour without it. Then again, Iron Maiden went without playing Hallowed Be Thy Name on the tour they're currently on

10. The Garden- They seem real proud of this one, wouldn't make sense if they didn't play it.

*sigh*

Dude, electic violin =/= orchstra/string section. Very different things.

Also, The Garden is still kinda iffy, what with the piano issue. 50/50 in my book.

QUOTE (sdhonda @ Jul 17 2012, 11:08 PM)

*sigh*

Also, The Garden is still kinda iffy, what with the piano issue. 50/50 in my book.

who's to say they wont have one of the players pick up an electric violin?

QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Jul 18 2012, 12:39 PM)

I have looked into my crystal ball. And here are my predictions of your 10 songs:

1. Caravan: yes

2. BU2B: yes

3. The Wreckers: no

4. Headlong Flight: yes

5. Jacobs Ladder: yes

6. Losing It: no

7. Marathon: yes

8. A Farewell To Kings: no

9. Tom Sawyer: yes

10. The Garden: yes

Note: My predictions do NOT reflect if I want them played or not. They are only conclusions that were derived through time travel. cool10.gif

QUOTE (sdhonda @ Jul 17 2012, 08:08 PM)

*sigh*

Both Losing It and The Garden have keys. That would be my only hesitation why they wouldn't play those songs.

However, I still think there is a strong likelihood we'll hear them both.

Here my top 10 songs I think we'll hear:

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

YYZ

TSOR

Freewill

Subdivisions

Caravan

BU2B

Headlong Flight

Clockwork Angels

*sigh*

I don't think any bass is played during that part, so Geddy could easily play that piano interlude. I believe The Garden is one of the major reasons for bringing a small string section out on the road.

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jul 18 2012, 02:22 PM)

*sigh*

I don't think any bass is played during that part, so Geddy could easily play that piano interlude. I believe The Garden is one of the major reasons for bringing a small string section out on the road.

don't play the garden and you won't have to bring the orchestra or string section on the road. problem solved. biggrin.gif