Jon Lord

nice! going to watch this right now!

Jon Lord- the only man that could find true metal in keys..

My very first concert was Deep Purple in March of 1985.

People were smoking all sorts of sh*t around us and the music was SO FREAKING LOUD, it was like being underwater.

One other thing I'll never forget was Jon rocking his Hammond.

I don't mean rocking as in "playing his arse off," I mean he was physically rocking that thing back and forth and back and forth to the point where I was sure that it would tip over. You can see a bit of that at 14:35 of Silas' posted video above.

People were smoking all sorts of sh*t around us and the music was SO FREAKING LOUD, it was like being underwater.

I don't mean rocking as in "playing his arse off," I mean he was physically rocking that thing back and forth and back and forth to the point where I was sure that it would tip over. You can see a bit of that at 14:35 of Silas' posted video above.

he did that for a reason too. Someone explained it to me once but memory is foggy.. It affects the sound, I forget how exactly.. Maybe someone could elaborate..

• Like 1

he did that for a reason too. Someone explained it to me once but memory is foggy.. It affects the sound, I forget how exactly.. Maybe someone could elaborate..

Yes, if anyone knows, please enlighten me. I just thought he was trying to channel Pete Townsend or something trying to wreck his instrument.

Yes, if anyone knows, please enlighten me. I just thought he was trying to channel Pete Townsend or something trying to wreck his instrument.

Channeling Keith Emerson, more like.