Clockwork Angels< Best Album?CD since?

crazygeo

I would have to dig farther back to Power Windows to be honest. Counterparts has some really great songs, and it was the biggest "comeback" for Rush at that point as they returned to that hard rock sound, but I find myself very rarely listening to most songs from that album most days. When I say most I mean particularly Speed of Love, Between Sun and Moon, Cold Fire. I do love me some Leave That Thing Alone and Animate though.

Theres always something to love about every Rush album, and with counterparts its that big visceral sound. It was a bit before the time I started really following Rush's every move, but I can only imagine what that meant as far as the excitement in having them return to a more powerful sound / "rock" oriented writing.

CA's a ; concept album, in the midst of the media paying more attention to them than ever before, great arrangements/song ideas, the statement is such a huge one at this point. And I realize this becuase normally when I see Rush perform new material live, it goes over just "okay". Sounds just like the album, mild crowd reaction if its the single (One Little Victory, Far Cry, etc). But the crowd popped pretty huge to Headlong Flight.