Performing the entire album of Clockwork Angels

ScottT67

Ever since we have all been graced with "Entire Evenings With Rush", we have seen them unveil the bulk of the new material during the 2nd set for the last 2 or 3 albums.

I soooo badly would like them to perform C.A. Cover to Cover to begin the 2nd set. I can only imagine what steampunk themed imagery will be projecting behind them, as they perform their 1st concept album in nearly 20 years, LIVE!

Is it feasable that we will get ALL of Clockwork Angels this Tour???

I think they'll play everything except BU2B2. I don't think they want to play it straight through. 67 minutes is a long time for new material in a row. If they don't play it straight through, there's no need for BU2B2.

I would personally like them to play it straight through however. I think the general reaction is strong enough for playing almost all of it, if not all. If people hated it, they certainly wouldn't. Little doubt they are gauging public reaction to it.

Like I've said before in another thread. We/the band has to respect Ged's health. That could be very straining on that aging voice. Now if Ged thinks he CAN do it. Then, I am all for it. But as fans, we have to respect that they probably will not do the album front to back.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 17 2012, 09:22 PM)
Like I've said before in another thread. We/the band has to respect Ged's health. That could be very straining on that aging voice. Now if Ged thinks he CAN do it. Then, I am all for it. But as fans, we have to respect that they probably will not do the album front to back.

They're going to play 25 or more songs anyway. Why are these 12 voice killers?

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jun 17 2012, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 17 2012, 09:22 PM)

They're going to play 25 or more songs anyway. Why are these 12 voice killers?

I feel they're pretty hardcore songs for his voice right now. Especially Headlong Flight.

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jun 17 2012, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 17 2012, 09:31 PM)
Especially Headlong Flight.

They are certain to play this regardless.

The only songs that aren't certain for this tour are:

BU2B2 & Wish them Well, So if by any chance they decide to play Wish Them Well, they'll throw in BU2B2 real quick. I think the question 2.gif is asking themselves is do we play 10 songs or the entire work?

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

There's a poll on CA live that is interesting...

What do you select?

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75156 <--- here's the poll

"Let's say that Rush decide to do a standard tour for CA, with the usual greatest hits setlist and 4 new songs. Once a week they do a special CA night, with the whole album, and orchestra and movie on screen, the best you can imagine... plus they play as encores 2-3 songs.

The tickets are the same price.

What do you select? "