What if...

For a small section of the set they had a 3 piece string quartet come out all dressed up like the members of Rush to play the Clockwork Angels tracks that feature strings (and then end it with losing it or Manhattan project). Rush fans seem opposed to Rush playing with other musicians, but technically they would be playing with themselves tongue.gif

I could totally see Rush doing something like this. It would be great to see them in a little steam punk booth behind Geddy.

QUOTE (between3&32characterslong @ Jun 16 2012, 02:17 PM)
For a small section of the set they had a 3 piece string quartet come out all dressed up like the members of Rush to play the Clockwork Angels tracks that feature strings (and then end it with losing it or Manhattan project). Rush fans seem opposed to Rush playing with other musicians, but technically they would be playing with themselves tongue.gif

I could totally see Rush doing something like this. It would be great to see them in a little steam punk booth behind Geddy.

or perhaps the quartet is dressed up like the characters of the album (The Anarchist, The Peddler, A Clockwork Angel)

this would all be tied in with the videos.

Call me prudish, but I would rather not watch Geddy, Alex and Neil play with themselves on stage.....

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Jun 16 2012, 06:11 PM)
Playing with other people is technically playing with yourself? Hmm....

The OP stated that the string quartet would dress up like Rush, and then joked about the band "playing with themselves".....

Hope this helps. smile.gif