Revisiting Double Agent

CrimsonE

As long as CA got me back on a Rush kick, I went ahead and popped in Counterparts (which much of CA reminds me of). There were many CP songs that I loved at the time, such as Alien Shore, Animate and Speed of Love which still resonated with me. However, a true surprise was Double Agent, which I was never that thrilled with at the time. I remember that their live version was pretty kickass, but I wasn't all that impressed with the song elsewhere.

What was I thinking? That song is smoking!!! The heavy riffing, the basswork, the evil vocals and most importantly, the insane shredding solo just blew my face off again. That's a song I wouldn't mind seeing make a return on this tour.

Kick ass tune. It's always been one of my favorites on CP. An old friend of mine who used to play drums would always air drum the "wilderness of mirrors" part whenever we listen to it together and he could never figure out how Neil was playing that part laugh.gif

A very different song but also a great one.

It was a bit off-putting for me at first but after several listens I heard the ass-kicking in the background. Catchy chorus, too. Definitely a highlight of the album for me now. 1022.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 15 2012, 07:43 PM)
Kick ass tune. It's always been one of my favorites on CP. An old friend of mine who used to play drums would always air drum the "wilderness of mirrors" part whenever we listen to it together and he could never figure out how Neil was playing that part laugh.gif

A very different song but also a great one.

goodpost.gif

Love it, too! Fave parts are the opening, with Geddy singing accompanied with just his bass, and the lush choruses. And the spoken parts sound really good, too! wub.gif

A great and slightly crazy song!

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jun 15 2012, 09:44 PM)
It was a bit off-putting for me at first but after several listens I heard the ass-kicking in the background. Catchy chorus, too. Definitely a highlight of the album for me now. 1022.gif

goodpost.gif common001.gif