Glad I Waited

metaldad

Since i Never really start a thread and since we are one thread away from "So what color thong did Geddy wear when recording " i just want to say 1022.gif to Almost all of the album wink.gif Now before you get all "I knew he would not like it "bullshit, i love most of it. I Love.......

The Garden

Clockwork Angels

Caravan

BU2B

Headlong Flight

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Seven Cities Of Gold

I Don't like.....

The Wreckers - The title of this song made me think "Now that's a Metal song " biggrin.gif , wrong. To my ears it sounds like a Pop/Foo Fighters song you hear on the radio . I don't like Pop, i don't like the Foo's and i don't listen to fm radio.

Wish Them Well - Does Zero for me, except for the drum break before the first chorus schla03.gif I just don't like the way Nick records vocals

BU2B2 - I think it's only on the album because they wanted an even 12 songs tongue.gif Ged does not have the voice for this kind of song , someone like Dio would have sung this and it would have worked , not Ged. I am not a Geddy basher at all but he does not have the pipes for this type of song. The album has already passed a bunch of past albums on my own list so i am very happy with it. I gave it a spin about 30 times , give or take since Tues . Agian this is IMO , so if you Don't agree with me remember, i am rubber and you are glue.................. moon.gif

1022.gif

Glad to hear you like it Bro! I've been waiting all week for your review!

Honestly, knowing you...I'm not overly surprised by the ones you weren't fond of.

Personally, I love The Wreckers. One of my favourites...the chorus works well IMO.

BU2B2 is at the bottom of my list. I'm actually surprised you didn't like The Wreckers, but you like Halo Effect.

Halo Effect is near the bottom for me as well (though still good).

Either way, glad you loved it. 9/12 songs is fantastic! trink39.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 15 2012, 12:26 PM)
1022.gif

Glad to hear you like it Bro! I've been waiting all week for your review!

Same here.

Right now there is not a song on this album I don't like.

I couldn't say that about any other album except Moving Pictures.

And yes, even BU2B2 has a purpose, and thankfully it's short. smile.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 15 2012, 11:21 AM)
Since i Never really start a thread and since we are one thread away from "So what color thong did Geddy wear when recording " i just want to say 1022.gif to Almost all of the album wink.gif Now before you get all "I knew he would not like it "bullshit, i love most of it. I Love.......

The Garden
Clockwork Angels
Caravan
BU2B
Headlong Flight
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities Of Gold

I Don't like.....

The Wreckers - The title of this song made me think "Now that's a Metal song " biggrin.gif , wrong. To my ears it sounds like a Pop/Foo Fighters song you hear on the radio . I don't like Pop, i don't like the Foo's and i don't listen to fm radio.

Wish Them Well - Does Zero for me, except for the drum break before the first chorus schla03.gif I just don't like the way Nick records vocals

BU2B2 - I think it's only on the album because they wanted an even 12 songs tongue.gif Ged does not have the voice for this kind of song , someone like Dio would have sung this and it would have worked , not Ged. I am not a Geddy basher at all but he does not have the pipes for this type of song. The album has already passed a bunch of past albums on my own list so i am very happy with it. I gave it a spin about 30 times , give or take since Tues . Agian this is IMO , so if you Don't agree with me remember, i am rubber and you are glue.................. moon.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif

Glad you're enjoying it. I do agree, Neil's drum fill before the first chorus of "Wish them Well" is possibly the best on the album, Alex's solo is pretty good too.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif