How Long Will It Take For You To Process CA?

presto123

QUOTE (trenken @ May 29 2012, 09:12 AM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ May 29 2012, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 29 2012, 09:00 AM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ May 29 2012, 06:21 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ May 29 2012, 08:16 AM)
Some albums for me take a really long time to digest, but end up going on to become some of my favorite albums.

I can only hope CA is like that, maybe not a complete love on first listen, but after like 10-20 maybe Ill be listening to it everyday for months.

That happened to me with Secret Samadhi from Live. I thought that album was such a downer when I first heard it, but I really kept at it and grew to love it in a deep way, to the point where I listened to it everyday for like 3 straight months. It had a very mystical/spiritual quality about it that I didnt hear the first few times I listened to it. Then I started hearing the genius of the lyrics on that album more and suddenly it all started to click.

Hope this happens to me with CA. Thats something I felt was completely absent from S&A. To me it was just a collection of average songs, nothing really deeper to discover there.

schla03.gif

you use that icon so often with posts you don't agree with that I think your member title should be "Sleepyhead" tongue.gif

I sure do, when posts like that put me to sleep smile.gif

It can't possibly be more boring than watching hockey so get off my back! moon.gif

What does hockey have to do with anything confused13.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ May 29 2012, 09:14 AM)
Some albums for me take a really long time to digest, but end up going on to become some of my favorite albums.

I can only hope CA is like that, maybe not a complete love on first listen, but after like 10-20 maybe Ill be listening to it everyday for months.

That happened to me with Secret Samadhi from Live. I thought that album was such a downer when I first heard it, but I really kept at it and grew to love it in a deep way, to the point where I listened to it everyday for like 3 straight months. It had a very mystical/spiritual quality about it that I didnt hear the first few times I listened to it. Then I started hearing the genius of the lyrics on that album more and suddenly it all started to click.

Hope this happens to me with CA. Thats something I felt was completely absent from S&A. To me it was just a collection of average songs, nothing really deeper to discover there.

schla03.gif

you use that icon so often with posts you don't agree with that I think your member title should be "Sleepyhead" tongue.gif

It can't possibly be more boring than watching hockey so get off my back! moon.gif

Eh, nothing. I just got done watching the Devil/Rangers series, first hockey I watched since high school and it was painfully boring, but watched it with my stepdad since he's a big Devil's fan, and I hated every minute of it, but figured I'd be the good stepson and spend some quality time with him. sarcasm.gif

Id rather read posts like mine that you find boring all day than sit through that bullshit again.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 29 2012, 09:23 AM)

schla03.gif

Eh, nothing. I just got done watching the Devil/Rangers series, first hockey I watched since high school and it was painfully boring, but watched it with my stepdad since he's a big Devil's fan, and I hated every minute of it, but figured I'd be the good stepson and spend some quality time with him. sarcasm.gif

Id rather read posts like mine that you find boring all day than sit through that bullshit again.

trink39.gif Go Devils Go smile.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ May 29 2012, 09:25 AM)

schla03.gif

I used to like them when I was in high school but I dont know, I cant really get into it anymore. Too much out of control back and forth with so little scoring. Much more into the NFL and NBA. Way off topic though, lol.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 29 2012, 09:32 AM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ May 29 2012, 09:25 AM)

schla03.gif

I used to like them when I was in high school but I dont know, I cant really get into it anymore. Too much out of control back and forth with so little scoring. Much more into the NFL and NBA. Way off topic though, lol.

I hear ya, I am a Leaf fan, how do you think i feel b_sigh.gif

I'll have a general idea right away (top third, middle of the road, bottom third). The finer placement will take a year or so. If it's on the edge of my top third, say, and drops, I can see it changing from a favorite to a second tier, for example.

I don't know about you guys but it usually takes me quite awhile to get into a new rush record. Being originally exposed to the 70's material when I was about 14, and then eventually hearing the 80's material (AND HATING IT ORIGINALLY) then the 90's, and the 00's (which I also avoided) I eventually came around on the 80's material and now it's my favorite Rush decade of music. I'm obsessed with signals to hold your fire. I still never really got into Vapor Trails.

Snakes & Arrows took me a good month to come around on all the songs actually (besides Far Cry and Mal Nar which were instant classics for me)

As far as Clockwork Angels so far, Caravan is a ****ing masterpiece. Probably in my top 3 for all time favorite Rush songs. Everything about it just screams major friggin talent and excellence. BU2B took a good while to grow on me, and I love it now. HLF took about 12 listens and I eventually got it.

For me though, HLF would actually have worked better had it been released with a 70's sound quality, like if they had put it on Caress Of Steel? Beautiful. It doesn't work AS well with todays sound technology. It's too much of a simple riff and kinda laid back in the skill department, which is fine...I mean I love the song, I just think it would have sounded better if it had been more raunchy like Bastille Day. It's a little too pretty if you catch my drift.

EDIT: Again, Caravan was instant pwnage. First listen and I was getting mindblown the entire time. I'm a skill-a-holic so I love excellent playing. Also a huge Dream Theater fan so thats why.

Edited by UltimoGuitarist

QUOTE (UltimoGuitarist @ May 30 2012, 10:41 AM)
I don't know about you guys but it usually takes me quite awhile to get into a new rush record. Being originally exposed to the 70's material when I was about 14, and then eventually hearing the 80's material (AND HATING IT ORIGINALLY) then the 90's, and the 00's (which I also avoided) I eventually came around on the 80's material and now it's my favorite Rush decade of music. I'm obsessed with signals to hold your fire. I still never really got into Vapor Trails.

Snakes & Arrows took me a good month to come around on all the songs actually (besides Far Cry and Mal Nar which were instant classics for me)

As far as Clockwork Angels so far, Caravan is a ****ing masterpiece. Probably in my top 3 for all time favorite Rush songs. Everything about it just screams major friggin talent and excellence. BU2B took a good while to grow on me, and I love it now. HLF took about 12 listens and I eventually got it.

For me though, HLF would actually have worked better had it been released with a 70's sound quality, like if they had put it on Caress Of Steel? Beautiful. It doesn't work AS well with todays sound technology. It's too much of a simple riff and kinda laid back in the skill department, which is fine...I mean I love the song, I just think it would have sounded better if it had been more raunchy like Bastille Day. It's a little too pretty if you catch my drift.

EDIT: Again, Caravan was instant pwnage. First listen and I was getting mindblown the entire time. I'm a skill-a-holic so I love excellent playing. Also a huge Dream Theater fan so thats why.

If you like technicality you should check out Greg Howe, the guitarist. Blows Dream Theater away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDN8DFQr_BM