Orchestral Arrangements?

Lost In Xanadu

I know there is talk of Rush touring with some backing strings, and the idea of Rush touring with an orchestra was not an appealing thought to me. Last night, my daughter had an "all district" strings concert (4th - 12th grade) and the HS played a relatively new pop/rock song and it sounded amazing. Then, at the end, all the grades played Europe's Final Countdown and that sounded damn good too... so the orchestra thing may not be terrible. Still not my preferred choice, but I think I'd be ok with it.

My daughter is pushing her orchestra instructor to do a Rush song, and he is willing to do it if she brought in some sheet music.

I did a quick search, and came up with nothing. Likely a longshot - but does anyone have anything?!?

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

I wasn't trying to make this an "orchestra good/bad" debate...

I am actually curious if anyone one the board has access to Rush music arranged for orchestra.

***********Spoiler*************

They recorded string parts for 5 songs. I hope they leave them in there. Strings add so much atmosphere. I'm still waiting to hear more keyboard parts as well.

Wait....what is this doing in the Rush section.

Edited by presto123

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 26 2012, 03:22 PM)
Wait....what is this doing in the Rush section.

Seriously?!?

What's so hard to understand here?

"I am actually curious if anyone one the board has access to Rush music arranged for orchestra."

So I tried contacting those people and got nothing back.

Gonna bump this thread to see if anyone new joined that may have access to Orchestral sheet music of Rush songs. My daughter is pushing her orchestra instructor to do a Rush song, and he is willing to do it if she brought in some sheet music.

*This thread is not for tour discussion - just looking for sheet music *

My goodness. I'll answer the damn question. Try Overture for 2112, The Garden, and YYZ. Just try printing those three out and see which one he enjoys more.

Hope these are good ideas!

I've always been a massive string fan. Never knew how to play anything related to them, but they just sound so awesome.

My goodness. I'll answer the damn question. Try Overture for 2112, The Garden, and YYZ. Just try printing those three out and see which one he enjoys more.

I've always been a massive string fan. Never knew how to play anything related to them, but they just sound so awesome.

Where would one find those? Looking for it hashed out for an orchestra - Bass, Cello, Viola, Violin

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Where would one find those? Looking for it hashed out for an orchestra - Bass, Cello, Viola, Violin

I'll take a look and see if I can find something. I know a string quartet did all of the 2112 album. I'll see if there's a chart for, at least, the Overture. I can't make promises for the other two.

Is the teacher able to take a normal music sheet and transpose it for an orchestra?

I'll take a look and see if I can find something. I know a string quartet did all of the 2112 album. I'll see if there's a chart for, at least, the Overture. I can't make promises for the other two.

Is the teacher able to take a normal music sheet and transpose it for an orchestra?

Yes he can, but he isn't going to. I think he it trying to push the kids to do it for songs they want to do. We have guitar and bass tabs for some of the Rush songs... maybe my daughter can try using the guitar part for violins, the bass part for the violas/cellos/bass?