How I Met Your Mother

Archangel717

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 15 2012, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 15 2012, 03:12 PM)
I preferred Doogie Houser when he went by his real name, he should never have given up being a kid doctor!

This one time, on HIMYM, the episode ended with Barney writing in his journal on his computer with an 80's electric keyboard song playing in the background. It was really funny.

My kid's didn't get it.

biggrin.gif

I hear that Harris gets pissed if fans come up to him talking Dougie Houser...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 15 2012, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 15 2012, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 15 2012, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 15 2012, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 15 2012, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 15 2012, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 15 2012, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 15 2012, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 15 2012, 09:47 AM)
I watch it when I can. I like it.

I think Alyson Hannigan is hot too!

yes.gif

This one time, at band camp...

Oh that makes the imagination go wild!

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2011/stylewatch/blog/110516/alyson-hannigan-300x400.jpg

Hot? Really?

Extremely hot. Save the overly made up, Photoshop fake women for the strip clubs and late night soft core. Women like Alyson Hannigan are real and that automatically adds 20% to your hotness factor.

To each his own. I don't think she's unattractive, but hot is not a word I would personally use to describe her. I find myself reacting this way to a lot of women who are deemed hot.

Oh yeah, and I don't find her funny. At all.

And I don't dislike her.

I don't subscribe to the common stereotype of what men find hot. Megan Fox? Hell no. Angelina Jolie? Forget it. In fact, if someone did a poll of the hottest celebrities, I'd probably find 8/10 of them extremely plastic and boring. Personality counts for a lot and probably accounts for half my reckoning when I consider who I find hot or not. Alyson Hannigan, Tina Fey, Sarah Chalke... and Mary Elizabeth Winstead:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17400000/Scott-Pilgrim-vs-the-World-Trailer-Screencaps-mary-elizabeth-winstead-17477594-487-559.jpg wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

I've always gravitated toward women like that.

He's talking about how she looks, hot or not, that comes down to looks and nothing else. Personality is something different. Looks are something you can judge at a distance, you can't judge personality at a distance, and these women are all at a distance from you, you can't know what any of their personalities are really like.

Meh, after you've seen them in movies, TV and interviews, it's hard to differentiate. The way they smile and their attitude becomes part of how attractive they are. If you've never seen Alyson Hannigan act or in an interview, I would agree that she's not what I would call smoking hot, But even then, she's still attractive.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 15 2012, 04:49 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 15 2012, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 15 2012, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 15 2012, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 15 2012, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 15 2012, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 15 2012, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 15 2012, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 15 2012, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 15 2012, 09:47 AM)
I watch it when I can. I like it.

I think Alyson Hannigan is hot too!

yes.gif

This one time, at band camp...

Oh that makes the imagination go wild!

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2011/stylewatch/blog/110516/alyson-hannigan-300x400.jpg

Hot? Really?

Extremely hot. Save the overly made up, Photoshop fake women for the strip clubs and late night soft core. Women like Alyson Hannigan are real and that automatically adds 20% to your hotness factor.

To each his own. I don't think she's unattractive, but hot is not a word I would personally use to describe her. I find myself reacting this way to a lot of women who are deemed hot.

Oh yeah, and I don't find her funny. At all.

And I don't dislike her.

I don't subscribe to the common stereotype of what men find hot. Megan Fox? Hell no. Angelina Jolie? Forget it. In fact, if someone did a poll of the hottest celebrities, I'd probably find 8/10 of them extremely plastic and boring. Personality counts for a lot and probably accounts for half my reckoning when I consider who I find hot or not. Alyson Hannigan, Tina Fey, Sarah Chalke... and Mary Elizabeth Winstead:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17400000/Scott-Pilgrim-vs-the-World-Trailer-Screencaps-mary-elizabeth-winstead-17477594-487-559.jpg wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

I've always gravitated toward women like that.

He's talking about how she looks, hot or not, that comes down to looks and nothing else. Personality is something different. Looks are something you can judge at a distance, you can't judge personality at a distance, and these women are all at a distance from you, you can't know what any of their personalities are really like.

Meh, after you've seen them in movies, TV and interviews, it's hard to differentiate. The way they smile and their attitude becomes part of how attractive they are. If you've never seen Alyson Hannigan act or in an interview, I would agree that she's not what I would call smoking hot, But even then, she's still attractive.

Let's face it you'd probably bang all of them if you got the chance!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Mar 15 2012, 05:05 PM)
*sigh* Alyson... wub.gif

http://www.hanniganfans.com/indexpic.jpg

I agree that she IS hot...but more of a "cute" kinda hot yes.gif

That picture reminds me of Kari.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/8100000/Kari-Byron-mythbusters-8156385-315-422.jpg

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 15 2012, 05:49 PM)

goodpost.gif

She doesn't make my pickle dill.

unsure.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 15 2012, 03:22 PM)

Interviews can be very, very revealing about a person's true personality. Acting roles can be revealing, but I've seen a lot of interviews that have made me go "wow, that wasn't acting, that was the goods right there".

So of course I don't know them personally, but then again, nobody ever sees the stereotypical "hot" women without their makeup on, either.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 15 2012, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE (furie @ Mar 15 2012, 08:46 PM)
i enjoy the show, but i hate ted.

Same...to use the "Friends" analogy Ted would be the equivalent of Ross.

yes.gif

Barney, Marshal, and Lily are the charactors that make the show awesome. laugh.gif

Edited by Archangel717

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Mar 28 2012, 01:13 PM)
My wife loves this show. I don't mind it, but I wouldn't watch it if she wasn't a fan.

There was a part in one episode you of all people would appreciate.

The episode was about baggage, and at the end of the episode... Everyone is carrying a suitcase with the names of their baggage. There's dozens of things like "sleeps around" "alcoholic", but one guy in the center is carrying a bag that says "Cubs fan"

I thought of you when I saw that laugh.gif