FEEDBACK!!!

Nate2112

I like the idea of them covering old prog tunes! :-)

As for Feedback itself, I like Summertime Blues, its a good tune, and Crossroads is cool. Their version of The Seeker kicks butt. And I really dig Seven and Seven Is. To me its a real window into the kind of manic playing they would do on things like Before and After and Beneath Between and Behind.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jan 13 2012, 06:19 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jan 12 2012, 12:34 PM)
Wish I'd never bought it and hope they NEVER do a Feedback II!!!

yeah, but what if...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/4WAT/YETI/feedbackii.gif

wub.gif

wub.gif the cover! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Part of my fondness for this album comes from having worked with a guy whose band (who I used to go see a lot) played almost all the songs on it. The Seeker is the only song I can remember for sure they did NOT do. Heart Full of Soul, For What It's Worth, Mr. Soul, Shapes of Things, and Crossroads were definite staples.

He and I had a falling out, we all lost our jobs, he's in another band now that does sock-hoppy music 062802puke_prv.gif , and I just haven't made the effort to see the old band with a new bass player/occasional singer. Feedback reminds me of happier times. smile.gif

And it's Rush...Rush doing anything is worth listening to, and adds to the mix. I don't think NOT doing it would have bought us much more original material, given how short a time it probably took to make Feedback versus one of their own albums.

I think the main gripe wasn't the covering, it was that it was ALL covers which ended up meaning 5 years between albums. After the hiatus people wanted RUSH not "Rush covers ________". Although I must say if they released another cover album in the gap between S&A and CA... I'd have bought it. I'm a Rush junkie.

I liked it then and like it now. Felt like it was an off the cuff, fun thing for the guys to do and thought they did well with every song. Liked every song as an original and every Rush version except For What It's Worth. Never liked the song and Rush didn't make it any better.

One of the coolest aspects of Heart Full of Soul was when they played it live and the audiences spontaneously filled in the "woh oh oh" background vocal parts. Well, at least those of us in the audience that were around when the original was part of our collection of 45s (see a 45 is.....oh, never mind). old.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jan 14 2012, 08:17 PM)
Part of my fondness for this album comes from having worked with a guy whose band (who I used to go see a lot) played almost all the songs on it. The Seeker is the only song I can remember for sure they did NOT do. Heart Full of Soul, For What It's Worth, Mr. Soul, Shapes of Things, and Crossroads were definite staples.

He and I had a falling out, we all lost our jobs, he's in another band now that does sock-hoppy music 062802puke_prv.gif , and I just haven't made the effort to see the old band with a new bass player/occasional singer. Feedback reminds me of happier times. smile.gif

And it's Rush...Rush doing anything is worth listening to, and adds to the mix. I don't think NOT doing it would have bought us much more original material, given how short a time it probably took to make Feedback versus one of their own albums.

Isn't that something?

My favorite off of feedback is The Seeker

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jan 15 2012, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jan 14 2012, 08:17 PM)

Isn't that something?

My favorite off of feedback is The Seeker

Mine too. It doesn't have the sentimental value that the other songs do, but I like it the best. I can't even decide if I like the Who's or Rush's version better...both are awesome. yes.gif