The Official Doom/Stoner/Sludge/Drone Thread

adace1

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Dec 30 2011, 12:19 PM)
Random thoughts:

That first track (too lazy to look at the name) on Bison B.C.'s last album is so awesome. Maybe the only time I've heard a french horn (I think) in metal, but it worked. SLUDGGGGGGE.

Isis' album Oceanic is a total classic.

Total agreement on both points.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (adace1 @ Dec 30 2011, 01:44 PM)
Random thoughts:

That first track (too lazy to look at the name) on Bison B.C.'s last album is so awesome. Maybe the only time I've heard a french horn (I think) in metal, but it worked. SLUDGGGGGGE.

Total agreement on both points.

+1

Random thoughts:

I like Isis, but I just feel that they're a Neurosis jr. wink.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jan 1 2012, 12:36 PM)
QUOTE (adace1 @ Jan 1 2012, 02:20 PM)
Isis>>>>>>>>>>>>>Neurosis

no.gif

Neurosis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Isis

Not too big on isis' vocals.

I like Isis too but not the vocals. I saw Isis open for TOOL once, they were better live.

Both bands have pretty good vocals. I really enjoyed Scott Kelly guesting for Mastodon and doing Shrinebuilder but Neurosis' music is quite boring. I just can't get into them.

QUOTE (adace1 @ Jan 1 2012, 09:20 PM)
Both bands have pretty good vocals. I really enjoyed Scott Kelly guesting for Mastodon and doing Shrinebuilder but Neurosis' music is quite boring. I just can't get into them.

Neurosis is one of those bands you either love or hate- no in between. I obviously love them, but I'm aware that many people do find them boring and tedious to sit through. Shrinebuilder is indeed awesome. Not sure if you're familiar with YOB but Scott does some killer vocals on their latest album "Atma." trink39.gif

QUOTE (Scobie @ Jan 3 2012, 12:28 AM)
Would Amplifier fit in anywhere in this thread?

I'm trying to get my buddy into them, and when he asked what type of band they were, I called them "Hard Stoner", but I'm not really sure...

I wouldn't lump them in as stoner. I don't know, it almost sounds too "new" or modern to me- if that makes any sense at all. confused13.gif

QUOTE (adace1 @ Mar 18 2012, 01:41 AM)
Also forgot to mention there'll be a new High on Fire album next month called "De Vermis Mysteriis." Here's the first single: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFThXb-ogOk

The new album is awesome. Sounds to me like they've gone back to their earlier sound on this one. Matt Pike is a genius! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:43 PM)
QUOTE (adace1 @ Mar 18 2012, 01:41 AM)
Also forgot to mention there'll be a new High on Fire album next month called "De Vermis Mysteriis." Here's the first single: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFThXb-ogOk

The new album is awesome. Sounds to me like they've gone back to their earlier sound on this one. Matt Pike is a genius! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Yes, love it....and can't wait for the new My Dying Bride...