2112 May come to Rock Band (rumor with pics)

USB Connector

inb4PLAYREALINSTRUMENTS

Yeah it's a rumor at the moment but man I really hope this is true, and if true I hope they let us play it straight through with no interruptions. It'll easily be my most favorite DLC for Rock Band this year if it comes out before the end of the year.

I saw this too and I am really excited! I'm not sure if it will just be 2112, or if they plan on making a pack with a few songs from the album, or if they were super awesome they would put the whole 2112 album up for DLC. I won't get my hopes too high though, I would be happy with just the song 2112.

This would be awesome, I love Rock Band so I'm always hoping for more Rush in it. I am a little suspicious as to how/why they would be able to see this before it's out, so I'm gonna wait for an official announcement before really getting my hopes up. But if true, it'll be great.

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Dec 3 2011, 03:29 AM)
I believe it's fake simply because it says "RUSH 2112" instead of "2112"

If it was a test on the network, as I suspect it to be, they just put it up to be certain it works. This will be the second time a Rush song breaks the record for "longest song on rock band", the first being The Camera Eye which broke the original 10 minute time limit (the DLC was delayed one month because this reason or the lack of vocals in YYZ). Up until recently, there was a problem with songs being over 20 minutes because of compression issues (at one point Harmonix openly said they wouldn't have Dream Theater's Octavarium because they would have to compress it far too much due to it's length) but they have said recently they they found a workaround for it. I'm pretty sure they just want to make sure they get it right this time and avoid screwing up two Rush DLC's in a row.

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Dec 3 2011, 12:51 AM)
This would be awesome, I love Rock Band so I'm always hoping for more Rush in it. I am a little suspicious as to how/why they would be able to see this before it's out, so I'm gonna wait for an official announcement before really getting my hopes up. But if true, it'll be great.

The Rock Band music store has had these kinds of "accidents". There was a similar incident where some people saw a song called "Nirvana" by Jialiana Hatfield in the music store but couldn't download it. Some people even found it in their own libraries! The song was released as DLC the week after.

I believe it happens because Harmonix tests the upload on the Playstation Network or Xbox Live Arcade before release in order to ensure a smooth release but occasionally makes a mistake (whether accidentally or intentionally) to clean up the code/remove the listing afterwards.