The Official Extreme Metal Thread

Nate2112

This is as extreme as I get... I first saw Static-X at OzzFest 99 or 2000 and PNC in NJ? Can't remember. They played the second stage and I was right up front and very impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-I5dfyN_I

Edited by custom55

So this band/album has been getting a lot of hype this year. I think the hype is deserved.

Fans of Neurosis, Mastodon, Earth, High on Fire etc. should dig this.

Not sure if it could be considered extreme metal or not, but I recently got The Mantle by Agalloch. I've listened to it several times and I absolutely love it. Anyone have any suggestions for which album of theirs I should get next? Edited by ColdFireYYZ

Not sure if it could be considered extreme metal or not, but I recently got The Mantle by Agalloch. I've listened to it several times and I absolutely love it. Anyone have any suggestions for which album of theirs I should get next?

I love that album too. I highly suggest you check out Ashes Against the Grain next; it's about as good as The Mantle imho.

• Like 2

Not sure if it could be considered extreme metal or not, but I recently got The Mantle by Agalloch. I've listened to it several times and I absolutely love it. Anyone have any suggestions for which album of theirs I should get next?

I love that album too. I highly suggest you check out Ashes Against the Grain next; it's about as good as The Mantle imho.

For sure Adace! Ashes, Mantle and Folklore are all absolute genius. I stopped after that. Get back with your thoughts ColdFire, I'm sure it's a given though.

...so I've been listening to a lot of the band Death lately after pushing through a little Cannibal Corpse. Interesting is one word for it.

Another word for it is awesome. :guitar:

...so I've been listening to a lot of the band Death lately after pushing through a little Cannibal Corpse. Interesting is one word for it.

What's your fave Death album?

It's a tie between Symbolic and The Sound of Perseverance. Both are essential metal albums imo.

It's a tie between Symbolic and The Sound of Perseverance. Both are essential metal albums imo.

I love Leprosy.

I love Leprosy.

That one's great too though I haven't listened to their older stuff nearly as much as their more technical stuff.

Right. I'm still getting familiar.

I love Leprosy.

Not so keen on the later stuff?

I love Leprosy.

Haven't heard much newer stuff.

I love Leprosy.

Haven't heard much newer stuff.

I'm still sampling their entire catalogue, and finishing off WITTR as well.

pale folklore too

Plus there's the new one from Revocation, might be their best yet!

As for upcoming stuff there's the new Satyricon album. This song is surprisingly good.