Remember when Ray Daniels managed Van Halen?

kevorkazito

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 2 2011, 02:26 PM)
(Not going to bother re-quoting all that stuff biggrin.gif)

That's very possible since I was using the rounded numbers provided on the Wikipedia entry for their discography. When they say "Diamond" they mean a minimum of 10 million units, so if they've sold 19 million copies of VH(1), then it'll still be listed as a Diamond release.

My total came to 42 million overall, which isn't too far off from the 50 million number you've got - and like I said, I think the discrepancy there is probably a matter of the rounding.

Absolutely .

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 2 2011, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 2 2011, 02:26 PM)
(Not going to bother re-quoting all that stuff biggrin.gif)

That's very possible since I was using the rounded numbers provided on the Wikipedia entry for their discography. When they say "Diamond" they mean a minimum of 10 million units, so if they've sold 19 million copies of VH(1), then it'll still be listed as a Diamond release.

My total came to 42 million overall, which isn't too far off from the 50 million number you've got - and like I said, I think the discrepancy there is probably a matter of the rounding.

Absolutely .

Either way, Sammy's full of crap if he thinks his era outsold Dave's wink.gif lol

here it is. david lee started van halen and made them big. But sammy seems more like a decent guy than roth was. But van halen might never made it too much futher with roth had they carried on.. Getting sammy was an excellent choice with number one records and sell out tours.. Everyone favors david lee over sammy. but in truth. sammy was more professional than roth and a better solo career than roth. face it. roth wasnt shit on his own. facts are facts. and sammy was a better live singer than roth ever was. In fact, eddie said the reason why they never officially released a live record with roth was cause they couldnt find a decent enough performance with roth were he wasnt drunk. thats bad..
  • Like 1

QUOTE (reani14 @ Nov 2 2011, 03:28 PM)
here it is. david lee started van halen and made them big. But sammy seems more like a decent guy than roth was. But van halen might never made it too much futher with roth had they carried on.. Getting sammy was an excellent choice with number one records and sell out tours.. Everyone favors david lee over sammy. but in truth. sammy was more professional than roth and a better solo career than roth. face it. roth wasnt shit on his own. facts are facts. and sammy was a better live singer than roth ever was. In fact, eddie said the reason why they never officially released a live record with roth was cause they couldnt find a decent enough performance with roth were he wasnt drunk. thats bad..

Here it is......

I don't give a rats Ass if Sam is a nicer guy, it's about the music

The 1984 tour was the biggest they had done , Ever

Number 1 albums? Very Nice, they sold More with Roth, see above

Sold Out Tours? Did you ever try getting a ticket for V.H. in the early 80's? ALways Sold Out , 3 and 4 nights in a City

Sammy is a better singer, i don't think anyone would say he was not. Roth put on a Show that Sammy Never came Close to matching, Ever.

well, i love van halen either way. so iam not gonna argue. Although rush is my number 1 band... van halen was my second.. but i really got heavy into rush when VH was falling apart 1996 ect. But your right.. i was too young to see them with roth. but i know it was an amazing experience. would have loved to see a full pr shot of the fair warning tour.. Fair warning is perfect. i love that record. way better than anything they did with sammy. and women and children first is so great.. eddies playing is just so great.. and van halen 2. just awesome..