Tony Gonzalez

Lost In Xanadu

First off, I don't know much about Tony Gonzales other than what I have seen on the field. He's a hell of a player, that much I know. He could be a complete ass, but I know about the Packers players and how they are off the field. He was never a Packer, so I really don't know much about his off-the-field life.

Well, yesterday FOX had his 10 yr old son interview him, and he seems like a real class act. My favorite question was when his son asked him if Tony wanted his son to be a football player. Tony told him he wanted him to do something he liked doing, and if it's football or selling ice cream, as long as he works hard, gives it his all and likes what he's doing. Then after a pause Tony says... "but you do want to play football, right?" biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 24 2011, 01:02 PM)
First off, I don't know much about Tony Gonzales other than what I have seen on the field. He's a hell of a player, that much I know. He could be a complete ass, but I know about the Packers players and how they are off the field. He was never a Packer, so I really don't know much about his off-the-field life.

Well, yesterday FOX had his 10 yr old son interview him, and he seems like a real class act. My favorite question was when his son asked him if Tony wanted his son to be a football player. Tony told him he wanted him to do something he liked doing, and if it's football or selling ice cream, as long as he works hard, gives it his all and likes what he's doing. Then after a pause Tony says... "but you do want to play football, right?" biggrin.gif

The only problem I have with Tony is he plays for Frailcan'ts...

trink38.gif

He's the greatest tight end ever. He's put up better numbers than most wide receivers who played the game. He really helped redefine the position.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Oct 24 2011, 01:46 PM)
He's the greatest tight end ever. He's put up better numbers than most wide receivers who played the game. He really helped redefine the position.

He's #2 in all time catches as of yesterday.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Oct 24 2011, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Oct 24 2011, 01:46 PM)
He's the greatest tight end ever.  He's put up better numbers than most wide receivers who played the game.  He really helped redefine the position.

He's #2 in all time catches as of yesterday.

To think that he has caught more passes than Tory Holt or Chris Carter amount others is ridiculous.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Oct 24 2011, 06:00 PM)
http://www.ajc.com/multimedia/dynamic/00299/gonzalezPETA-300_299117c.jpg

Tony and his wife.

With apologies to Reggie, I think we have a new Mr. October..