The lovers of My Little Pony

Godot

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jan 9 2012, 11:01 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jan 8 2012, 06:03 PM)
Found out last night that my 18 year old nephew is a brony.  I asked if his 16 yo brother is and he said "no, it only counts if you're an adult."

I think it counts if you are a teenager or older. If you're a 16-year-old male, you are certainly outside the target demographic of the show.

Definitely. Still, it's not restricted to only males IMO, there's a couple of teenage females (one's my sister actually lol) who I know that consider themselves to be outside the demographics.

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jan 14 2012, 04:02 PM)
Baby Cakes was soooo gooooood!!!

Comedian Pinkie Pie!

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/233/735/c36.gif

I KNOW! OH MY GOSH MY LOVE FOR PINKIE HAS BEEN RENEWED

laugh.gif Okay timeline for me...

Wednesday: looking up Frisky Dingo clips, I come across this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWtAzp-FaY...=5&feature=plcp

I think to myself, what am I watching, this is great coloring/artistic value, great synching from the show, someone else a FD fan too, what else does this guy have???

Thursday: Hey this guy has PMV of E.L.O. 'Mr Blue Sky', Elvis, Billy Squire, ATHF Steve and Dr. Weird..... Okay what show is this that seems to have been under the radar for me.. Wait a minute, Seinfeld too! rofl3.gif A buncha crazy fan made videos, then, man it's time to get to bed!

Friday: 3 episodes in, especially after watching "Why My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is so good and why you should give it a chance" and "Ballad of the Brony: A Documentary" Ah things starting to make sense on the origins of this new fandom. More crazy fan made videos, then, man it's time to get to bed again!

Today: Another 5 episodes and now Alex on my desktop has some company. Also loving those PMV Rush videos.

user posted image

wub.gif man those lil' things are just so cute.

But an aside of my thoughts on the last, ooh, 96 hours.. I think it's the nice light hearted comedy that has drawn me into this.. It's not ATHF, Family Guy, American Dad, Simpsons, KoTH, Venture Brothers, Harvey Birdman, Frisky Dingo, (dare I add Robot Chicken too) anything else I normally watch, cartoon format only. It's something completely different. I find the character growth/storyline amazing in this show. Everything about the show is top notch.

I have to find it funny on how many things I have stumbled upon and how circumstances have led me to epiphanies of sorts. College 7 years ago I somehow found Strong Bad emails, man what a weird ride that was! Good times all around. I don't think I would have got into the Venture Brothers had it not been for an accidental click on a link at AdultSwim.co.uk.. Heh, and I thought it was just a really bad parody of Johnny Quest, and Johnny Quest only. The band Thornley too! Summer of 2004, 'So Far So Good' played endlessly on the radio to the point of overvaluing the song and band. Just for a whim I decided to check the band out "If the song is played so much on the radio, they must be good..." Man, what a regret it was to not delve into them sooner. AT 10 shows, they are half way up the rung on my Rush show list! So it only makes sense I find the magic of friendship in ponies after looking for something completely different.

heh heh.. Well, I guess I'm slowly (quickly?) becoming a convert now to something new (for me at least) and big. Back to more episodes for me though I'm still not even half way thru season 1. That fan made stuff is just sooo funny.

QUOTE (Enviro_tech @ Jan 15 2012, 12:06 AM)
laugh.gif Okay timeline for me...

I think to myself, what am I watching, this is great coloring/artistic value, great synching from the show, someone else a FD fan too, what else does this guy have???

Thursday: Hey this guy has PMV of E.L.O. 'Mr Blue Sky', Elvis, Billy Squire, ATHF Steve and Dr. Weird..... Okay what show is this that seems to have been under the radar for me.. Wait a minute, Seinfeld too! rofl3.gif A buncha crazy fan made videos, then, man it's time to get to bed!

Friday: 3 episodes in, especially after watching "Why My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is so good and why you should give it a chance" and "Ballad of the Brony: A Documentary" Ah things starting to make sense on the origins of this new fandom. More crazy fan made videos, then, man it's time to get to bed again!

Today: Another 5 episodes and now Alex on my desktop has some company. Also loving those PMV Rush videos.

user posted image

But an aside of my thoughts on the last, ooh, 96 hours.. I think it's the nice light hearted comedy that has drawn me into this.. It's not ATHF, Family Guy, American Dad, Simpsons, KoTH, Venture Brothers, Harvey Birdman, Frisky Dingo, (dare I add Robot Chicken too) anything else I normally watch, cartoon format only. It's something completely different. I find the character growth/storyline amazing in this show. Everything about the show is top notch.

I have to find it funny on how many things I have stumbled upon and how circumstances have led me to epiphanies of sorts. College 7 years ago I somehow found Strong Bad emails, man what a weird ride that was! Good times all around. I don't think I would have got into the Venture Brothers had it not been for an accidental click on a link at AdultSwim.co.uk.. Heh, and I thought it was just a really bad parody of Johnny Quest, and Johnny Quest only. The band Thornley too! Summer of 2004, 'So Far So Good' played endlessly on the radio to the point of overvaluing the song and band. Just for a whim I decided to check the band out "If the song is played so much on the radio, they must be good..." Man, what a regret it was to not delve into them sooner. AT 10 shows, they are half way up the rung on my Rush show list! So it only makes sense I find the magic of friendship in ponies after looking for something completely different.

heh heh.. Well, I guess I'm slowly (quickly?) becoming a convert now to something new (for me at least) and big. Back to more episodes for me though I'm still not even half way thru season 1. That fan made stuff is just sooo funny.

Welcome to the herd biggrin.gif also, I used to watch SBemails as well. They were so different, yet instant classics.

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Jan 15 2012, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (Enviro_tech @ Jan 15 2012, 12:06 AM)
laugh.gif  Okay timeline for me...

Thursday: Hey this guy has PMV of E.L.O. 'Mr Blue Sky', Elvis, Billy Squire,  ATHF Steve and Dr. Weird..... Okay what show is this that seems to have  been under the radar for me.. Wait a minute, Seinfeld too! rofl3.gif  A buncha crazy fan made videos, then, man it's time to get to bed!

Friday: 3 episodes in, especially after watching "Why My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is so good and why you should give it a chance" and "Ballad of the Brony: A Documentary" Ah things starting to make sense on the origins of this new fandom.  More crazy fan made videos, then, man it's time to get to bed again!

user posted image 

I have to find it funny on how many things I have stumbled upon and how circumstances have led me to epiphanies of sorts.  College 7 years ago I somehow found Strong Bad emails, man what a weird ride that was! Good times all around.  I don't think I would have got into the Venture Brothers had it not been for an accidental click on a link at AdultSwim.co.uk..  Heh, and I thought it was just a really bad parody of Johnny Quest, and Johnny Quest only.  The band Thornley too! Summer of 2004, 'So Far So Good' played endlessly on the radio to the point of overvaluing the song and band. Just for a whim I decided to check the band out "If the song is played so much on the radio, they must be good..." Man, what a regret it was to not delve into them sooner.  AT 10 shows, they are half way up the rung on my Rush show list! So it only makes sense I  find the magic of friendship in ponies after looking for something completely different.

Welcome to the herd biggrin.gif also, I used to watch SBemails as well. They were so different, yet instant classics.

The sbmails were great...too bad it's on indefinite hiatus like the rest of Homestar Runner.

So true, they have been getting better each episode.

I'm trying to stick to the order of release but it is tough.. Especially since I've caught the PMV bug, hehe.. Seeing as Rush already has a good showing, the only one I thought could possibly fit in so well; Pinkie is a wild party wink.gif Man it's coming along soooo great!

QUOTE (Enviro_tech @ Jan 16 2012, 09:43 PM)
So true, they have been getting better each episode.
I'm trying to stick to the order of release but it is tough.. Especially since I've caught the PMV bug, hehe.. Seeing as Rush already has a good showing, the only one I thought could possibly fit in so well; Pinkie is a wild party wink.gif Man it's coming along soooo great!

Being a brony changes you forever... I feel that I've become more even-tempered, and have a lot more drive to be a better person and to try to make things the way I'd like them to be.

I know it sounds crazy when you think about the fact that it's brought on by a children's TV show, but it's really no different to me than becoming more individualist from listening to Rush. biggrin.gif

True on that... biggrin.gif very glad I found this show.

Soooo, it's done! A few late hours and lots laughs along the way.... I think Pinkie Pie has usurped sweet Fluttershy as my favorite now. So many hours of editing pinkness rofl3.gif

(a little fun with Kim Mitchell's I Am A Wild Party)

QUOTE (Enviro_tech @ Jan 17 2012, 11:40 PM)

Soooo, it's done! A few late hours and lots laughs along the way.... I think Pinkie Pie has usurped sweet Fluttershy as my favorite now. So many hours of editing pinkness rofl3.gif

PMV - Pinkie Pie Is A Wild Party (a little fun with Kim Mitchell's I Am A Wild Party)

Awesome! applaudit.gif

I know I've already posted this in this thread, but just in case you didn't see it, my favorite PMV is Pink Party Pony Pandemonium

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jan 18 2012, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (Enviro_tech @ Jan 17 2012, 11:40 PM)

PMV - Pinkie Pie Is A Wild Party (a little fun with Kim Mitchell's I Am A Wild Party)

Awesome! applaudit.gif

I know I've already posted this in this thread, but just in case you didn't see it, my favorite PMV is Pink Party Pony Pandemonium

Holy crap that was an awesome lot of Pinkie i such a short while.. biggrin.gif Cool!