Anthrax - Worship Music - new album

treeduck

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 14 2011, 04:28 PM)
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4332/anthraxworshipmusicl.jpg

Who out there is interested in this new release from the melodic thrashers?

cool10.gif trink38.gif

Nice Ducky, I was gonna start a thread about this one myself. Gonna pick this up tomorrow since it has completely renewed my interest in them. When Joey left I gave up completely. The John Bush era just wasn't Anthrax. Now that Belladonna's back they sound the way they should again. From what I've heard the new stuff is pretty good. Persistance of Time is probably still my favorite. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Sep 14 2011, 11:40 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 14 2011, 04:28 PM)
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4332/anthraxworshipmusicl.jpg

Who out there is interested in this new release from the melodic thrashers?

cool10.gif  trink38.gif

Nice Ducky, I was gonna start a thread about this one myself. Gonna pick this up tomorrow since it has completely renewed my interest in them. When Joey left I gave up completely. The John Bush era just wasn't Anthrax. Now that Belladonna's back they sound the way they should again. From what I've heard the new stuff is pretty good. Persistance of Time is probably still my favorite. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I've ordered my copy! Not bought an Anthrax album for ages!! Sounds good based on the two songs I've heard on youtube plus the samples!

1022.gif

Sorry boys! I had this cd in my hand at Target today. Great cover, but I can't get into this band. I put the cd down and walked away.

The only Anthrax album have is the one with "Anti-Social" on it.

I hate that rap song "I'm The Man."

Anthrax does nothing for me.

Didn't Anthrax cover a Joe Jackson song? "Time?"

It was fuckking terrible.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 15 2011, 12:39 AM)
Sorry boys! I had this cd in my hand at Target today. Great cover, but I can't get into this band. I put the cd down and walked away.

You need to go back to Target ASAP Earl and this time pick up the album and take it home! And also pick up a copy of Spreading the Disease!

1022.gif

Hey bud, how's it goin? haven't talked to you in a while. State of Euphoria is the one with Anti-Social on it. Never realized until later on that the song Now It's Dark is about Frank Booth from the David Lynch masterpiece Blue Velvet. I know you must've seen that movie. Any band who writes a song about Frank is ok in my book. trink39.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 15 2011, 12:42 AM)
Sorry boys!  I had this cd in my hand at Target today.  Great cover, but I can't get into this band.  I put the cd down and walked away.

You need to go back to Target ASAP Earl and this time pick up the album and take it home! And also pick up a copy of Spreading the Disease!

1022.gif

Don't forget to pick up Among The Living while you're at it. bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Sep 14 2011, 10:45 PM)
Sorry boys!  I had this cd in my hand at Target today.  Great cover, but I can't get into this band.  I put the cd down and walked away.

Hey bud, how's it goin? haven't talked to you in a while. State of Euphoria is the one with Anti-Social on it. Never realized until later on that the song Now It's Dark is about Frank Booth from the David Lynch masterpiece Blue Velvet. I know you must've seen that movie. Any band who writes a song about Frank is ok in my book. trink39.gif

Hey 77!!

It has been a long time man! I miss The Rush Forum Nights on here West Coast Style with you and the Overseas Duck. I think even Earthshine chimes in on here during these hours when most of the East Coast is asleep having visions of Sugar Plum Dream Theater Fairies dancing over their heads. LOL!

I had no idea that song was about Booth. Excellent. You learn something new everyday. I love "Blue Velvet." Hopper steals the show!

Hope all is well!

Earl

trink39.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 14 2011, 10:42 PM)

1022.gif

Damn Duck!!

I bought that "Among The Living" double cd reissue because it looked fukking cool. I put both cds on and I couldn't get through them!

I'm sorry mate, but this is the first time I can't get into something you love.

Then again I see you are falling for the new DT album!! WOW!

I'm in SHOCK!!

You and Tick have something in common! LOL!

Enjoy it! I can't.

1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif

Well, someone has to ge tthis thread back on track, might as well be me biggrin.gif

I've been a big Anthrax fan for a long time, I even like the stuff they've done with John Bush. How anyone can say that stuff doesn't sound like Anthrax is beyond me. As long as Scott, Charlie and Frank are playing together it will always sound like Anthrax.

This album is very good. But I hope nobody is expecting a full on thrash album like they did back in the day with Joey because this album isn't like that. There are a few songs that have the old thrash feel to it but most of the album is made up of good striaght up metal songs.

Joey can still sing very well. His voice is a little deeper and he doesn't hit the high notes but at 50 years old that is to be expected. However, there is something really good about Joey's modern voice. I think he has better vocal control now than he ever has.

He still brings the great melodic hooks that Anthrax is known for and even if you haven't heard anything from them in awhile you should enjoy this album 1022.gif

For me, this new album is bringing some of the heaviness of the Bush-era and the thrashiness of Belladonna together. It's definitely a more mature-sounding Belladonna album. I love it. "In The End" was written for Dio and Dimebag (who contributed solos to the first 3 Bush Anthrax albums).

Yesterday was "Anthrax Day" in the Bronx. They played a killer set at The Big 4 show at Yank-Me Stadium.