N64 Nostalgia!

So for the past month my roommates and I have been having hardcore Super Smash Bros 64 battles on the N64. It's amazing how N64 games such as SSB still have the ability to keep you coming back.

How many of you still break out the N64 and what are your top 3 games to play?

Mine are:

1. Mario Kart 64

2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time

3. SSB 64

Of course I could name more but those are the top 3 for me right now.

I pulled out my N64 earlier this month, I realized how Mario Parties 2 and 3 are still the best in the series by far. Things were very well balanced between items and star locations.

Anyways, in no particular order:

Star Fox 64

Super Mario 64 (I've lost count of how many times I've gotten 100% on the N64 version via console or emulator and Nintendo DS remake)

Super Smash Bros. (I LOVE the series)

I beat Ocarina on the 3DS, amazing game, but I'll probably never play it again. Come to think of it, I've NEVER played a single zelda game twice (and I've owned a lot of them).

Aaahh I should totally bring my N64 back here when I go home for Labor Day, yes?! laugh.gif

Love love love my N64. I didn't bring it 'cause I had enough junk coming in but I kind of miss it. :C We have a PS2 (doubling as a DVD player) but it's not the saaaaame.

I like to play Super Smash Bros. on it because that game never, never gets old.

I also have this arcade games thing for it. And I want to go out and find Banjo Kazooie! :3

I found a N64 at a garage sale a couple years ago for $20. Games included were:

Ocarina of Time

Mario Kart 64

Turok

DK country 64

Pokemon Snap

and many more.

It was a great summer! The system still works, and I'm still looking for games to purchase!

Aw man...N64 was epic. I always played : Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, GOLDENEYE 1022.gif , Mortal Kombat 4, Turok 2, Crusin' USA, Wave Race, Duke Nukem 64...and many others. Makes me wish I still had mine sad.gif

I've had my N64 since 1996 and it still works like a charm. I love it.

I am with the rest of you on the games you like.

-Super Mario 64 is great, I never owned it but played it a lot.

-Goldeneye was epic, I can remember playing multiplayer with giant head mode on. So much fun.

-Stars Wars Podracer was pretty fun.

-Pokemon Snap was awesome, played that a lot.

-I really liked Perfect Dark, in fact I played the updated version out on the 360 it looked great. If you like Perfect Dark definitely check out the revamped version on 360.

-I played Turok Rage Wars a lot, it was set up like a multiplayer game even on single player. Idk how many of you played it but I thought it was cool.

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Sep 4 2011, 09:50 PM)
I like how newer systems break after being used for 3 or so years, and N64's will last forever! Seriously have you ever heard of a broken N64? And when the cartridge didn't work, you would just blow in it. Problem solved!

I feel strangely old saying this, but you are so right.

Granted, my PS2 still works as well as ever... but my N64 is thirteen years old this Christmas! (Er, twelve or thirteen.) My games, somehow, still work like a charm. It's absolutely incredible. And I'm sure the ones at the game store still work too. Yeah, they sell them. laugh.gif

It's pretty hard to mess up a game cartridge unless it's like a GB game and the file gets permanently corrupted... not sure if that's happened with the large Nintendos.. but a disc can get scratched up so easily it's not even funny. Not sure how sensitive the new discs are either.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Sep 5 2011, 03:38 AM)
I like how newer systems break after being used for 3 or so years, and N64's will last forever! Seriously have you ever heard of a broken N64? And when the cartridge didn't work, you would just blow in it. Problem solved!

Granted, my PS2 still works as well as ever... but my N64 is thirteen years old this Christmas! (Er, twelve or thirteen.) My games, somehow, still work like a charm. It's absolutely incredible. And I'm sure the ones at the game store still work too. Yeah, they sell them. laugh.gif

It's pretty hard to mess up a game cartridge unless it's like a GB game and the file gets permanently corrupted... not sure if that's happened with the large Nintendos.. but a disc can get scratched up so easily it's not even funny. Not sure how sensitive the new discs are either.

The console itself will last forever, but the analog stick on the controllers are not immortal in the least. Mine are deteriorating with time (they're becoming limp with age).

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 5 2011, 07:32 AM)

The console itself will last forever, but the analog stick on the controllers are not immortal in the least. Mine are deteriorating with time (they're becoming limp with age).

You can buy a new analogue stick for 6 bucks, open up the controller with a phillips, and plug it in. Bam, new analog stick.

Also, Majora's Mask is the superior Zelda game, the best ever. Unless SS manages to overtake that position, and as of late, they've been getting more and more kiddish with that IP, So I doubt it.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Oct 4 2011, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 5 2011, 07:32 AM)

You can buy a new analogue stick for 6 bucks, open up the controller with a phillips, and plug it in. Bam, new analog stick.

Also, Majora's Mask is the superior Zelda game, the best ever. Unless SS manages to overtake that position, and as of late, they've been getting more and more kiddish with that IP, So I doubt it.

You mean they've been simply making different takes on Ocarina. After playing the remake on 3DS I realized that Twilight Princess was Ocarina of time: Twilight Zone Edition. Skyward doesn't look much different.

QUOTE (Dobner has assumed control @ Aug 27 2011, 03:59 PM)
It's amazing how N64 games such as SSB still have the ability to keep you coming back.

It's not amazing to me.....back then, the games were very well-written. As opposed to now, where the awesomeness is measured by the latest coolest graphics.