ENCHANT: "Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10"

RUSHHEAD666

I am very good friends with Paul Craddick and Doug Ott.

We actually met in line in front of Tower Records back in 1989 spending the night in sleeping bags waiting to buy our Rush tickets for the "Presto" Tour.

Well Paul and Doug were the spearheads of a local group called Enchant.

Does anyone on here know of this group?

They were an excellent band. Big in Europe up never made it here in the states.

Enchant opened for Dream Theater on the "Awake" Tour.

Enchant opened for Marillion as well way back when at The Fillmore in SF.

Anyway, I picked up a used copy of "Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10" today at my local record store.

It brought back a lot of memories.

Hell I still have the demo tapes on cassette when Enchant was called "MAEDAY!"

Anyway my buddy Paul has left Enchant many moons ago. He is currently working on a new album with his awesome wife Hannah who is great friends with Steven Rothery. The band is called ROCKET MOTH.

I've heard some demos and I think it's great stuff.

Paul Craddick is one of the best drummers on the planet.

JMO 1022.gif

I LOVE ENCHANT!!!

Seriously, if you could somehow tell them that Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10 literally saved me from wanting to kill myself in high school, then that'd be awesome! This album is easily one of my all time most cherished albums, and while it's kind of hard for me to listen to it now due to all the memories associated with it, it still has an extremely special place in my heart.

I would listen to Colors Fade on repeat and just drive around all night. I miss these guys, and if they ever release anything again, I will be the first one to buy it.

No bullshit, how perfect is this album? As far as mixing pop and prog goes, it's unbeatable.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Aug 9 2011, 07:58 AM)
I LOVE ENCHANT!!!

Seriously, if you could somehow tell them that Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10 literally saved me from wanting to kill myself in high school, then that'd be awesome! This album is easily one of my all time most cherished albums, and while it's kind of hard for me to listen to it now due to all the memories associated with it, it still has an extremely special place in my heart.

I would listen to Colors Fade on repeat and just drive around all night. I miss these guys, and if they ever release anything again, I will be the first one to buy it.

No bullshit, how perfect is this album? As far as mixing pop and prog goes, it's unbeatable.

Hey GD!

I can feel your passion for this band through my monitor!

They did mix prog and pop together very well.

Paul's drumming is beyond stellar and yes he is a Rush junky just like most of us on here.

You have big balls writing about your possible suicide on a public forum, but I respect that.

Glad this album was able to get you through your problems.

I am still good friends with Paul. Next time I talk to him I will tell him your story.

Cheers!

I saw them looong time ago opening for Spock's Beard and Dream Theater (early 90's). Those guys were awesome.

I remember seeing them in a small club (maybe 100 people in the audience) on their first Germany tour. They just had released their excellent debut 'A Blueprint Of The World'. We arrived very early and had the chance to meet the guys and see the soundcheck - it was an unforgetable night. Lack of material made them play a few covers that night and... - man they nailed 'Tom Sawyer' as an encore. Ah, those were the days...

Grand Designer - good to read you're still with us!

Edited by greyfriar

It was your typical miserable high school student experience. I had no friends and just wanted out. J9orD10 was literally one of the only things that made me happy during my high school years.

Any word on if they are going to ever release another album? Wounded is also another one of my favorites.

Thanks for this thread. It reminded me that I was going to buy their DVD 'Live at Last' about 2 years ago but never did. Will add that to the next order from Amazon.

They're a bit too poppy for me and for some reason remind me of mid-period Pallas. Probably the effect that the 80s had on all those neo-Prog type bands.

Solid but unexceptional.