Playing a Rush Medley Saturday!

the masked drummer

My band has foot pedals/keyboards now so we're doing a nice long RUSH Medley Saturday night, and it's our biggest show of the Summer, so thought I'd share.

(SE Michigan Concert)

2.gif

http://youtu.be/w-8Vb6kuXBg

Awww, I saw Michigan and hoped you guys would be near the GR area, but SE isn't quite where I'm at tongue.gif Hopefully you guys can manage to get the show filmed, I'd love to see it. What songs do you plan to do for the medley?

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Aug 4 2011, 04:27 PM)
where are you playing and what time?

Sorry about that! I'm just now getting your message liddybick!

We played a Rush medley with these songs in it:

Working Man

Anthem

YYZ

Limelight

Bangkok

(ending with YYZ, which is only song we do in it's entirety)

I will upload a video onto youtube as soon as our video guy finishes working on it.

Thanks, peeps! I will share the video asap...

TMD

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 9 2011, 10:41 AM)
The Rush Medley is within this brand new mini documentary about our band. Check it out! Thx!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rby6Jui3ezA

tHIS IS the rush medley. negative comments welcome! have fun! wink.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 11 2011, 03:52 PM)
The Rush Medley is within this brand new mini documentary about our band. Check it out! Thx!

No it isn't. All I heard was YYZ. Where's the rest of the songs?

Edited by LyndseyG

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Aug 12 2011, 06:31 AM)

That was just a clip of the whole medley. They medley is around 9 minutes long. Sorry about that. If I get the whole thing I'll come back and post it up.

It was fun and people really took note of the Rush. We kinda gained some momentum on that one. We're adding it to the setlist permanently now!

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 12 2011, 04:27 PM)

That was just a clip of the whole medley. They medley is around 9 minutes long. Sorry about that. If I get the whole thing I'll come back and post it up.

It was fun and people really took note of the Rush. We kinda gained some momentum on that one. We're adding it to the setlist permanently now!

That's ok. I'd like to se the rest. I'm glad you had fun and are putting the medley in your setlist!

BTW is it my imagination or was the bassist playing a guitar with only 3 strings at one point? It's hard to tell...

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Aug 13 2011, 12:12 PM)

That's ok. I'd like to se the rest. I'm glad you had fun and are putting the medley in your setlist!

BTW is it my imagination or was the bassist playing a guitar with only 3 strings at one point? It's hard to tell...

It's a 4 string fretless guitar. What do you mean by three strings?? confused13.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 27 2011, 07:35 PM)

It's a 4 string fretless guitar. What do you mean by three strings?? confused13.gif

Sorry, my eyesight is not very good. Is just how it looked to me. That's why I asked. Apparently Seasick Steve has a guitar with only three strings on (Im not a fan, i just heard this somewhere) and I was just wondering if that's the case with your bassist.

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Aug 28 2011, 12:52 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 27 2011, 07:35 PM)

Sorry, my eyesight is not very good. Is just how it looked to me. That's why I asked. Apparently Seasick Steve has a guitar with only three strings on (Im not a fan, i just heard this somewhere) and I was just wondering if that's the case with your bassist.

Nope. That's interesting though. Thanks for commenting! Our bassist also plays a regular 5 string, a 6 string and a Chapman 12 string Grandmaster Stick (and of course Moog Taurus type foot pedals)