So, remember when I asked for

D3strukt

Well, I've had these Rolands for about, mmm 2 months.

Finally was able to ALMOST nail a Rush song.

Workin' Them Angels. My god. I've never felt so f***ing good in my entire life.

Just lifted the heavy cloud that was hanging over my head!

Woot!

Since there is no way for me to import the song, I had to put ear buds in, them the DJ phones over those and play by ear.

It was amazing. It is more complex than originally though. I also attempted the pinnacle. Hemispheres.

I couldn't keep up with the crazy ass Open/Close on the high hat. I died.

Then I played Red Barchetta, which surprisingly wasn't THAT hard, just really fast.

Then I did some Presto with The Pass (I found Red Barchetta easier.)

I'm going to tackle Freeze next.

Great job with working them angels. It took me 2 weeks to get spirit of radio down and that was after 8 months of playing drums. Now I find a lot of Rush songs pretty easy but I've been playing for almost 3 years. I tried Hemispheres too and crashed.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Aug 1 2011, 05:19 PM)
Since there is no way for me to import the song, I had to put ear buds in, them the DJ phones over those and play by ear.

It was amazing. It is more complex than originally though. I also attempted the pinnacle. Hemispheres.

I couldn't keep up with the crazy ass Open/Close on the high hat. I died.

Then I played Red Barchetta, which surprisingly wasn't THAT hard, just really fast.

Then I did some Presto with The Pass (I found Red Barchetta easier.)

I'm going to tackle Freeze next.

You must have a good ear then, I find it difficult to translate the section of working them angels where Ged says "memory humming at the heart of a factory town". I can't figure it out.

I can't shoot video, don't have anything to get direct feed, and have no amplifier for a reason (so I don't piss anyone off.) so it's directly into the headphones for me.

Somethings I have learned.

Everything from Vapor Trails except for Peacable Kingdom is IMPOSSIBLY hard to f***ing play.

We Hold On is not as easy as it sounds.

Cygnus X-1 isn't so hard to play, except the frantic man dies part at the end.

AC/DC is much more "fun" to play. In a sense. I like groovy shit, AC/DC gives me that.

Rush is my "I want to whip my ass today" band. Rush is tons of fun to play as well, but I usually play them first sense they are so grueling.

Anyone who says Vapor Trail isn't Neil's best work, has some serious re-evaluating to do to their damn ears. Give yourself some sticks and f***ing play then decide for yourselves.

Caravan is also f***ing hard.

Half of Snakes and Arrows is simple.

Hemispheres seems easy at first, until the High hat part comes in in Prelude (......Beyond compare. That part)

YYZ is not hard.

Re-evaluating my opinion of Red Barchetta. I simply DO NOT have the speed to do the 16ths on the high hat (or whatever they are, I can't read music.) too fast. The middle section is brutal.

Presto (the song) is possibly the easiest thing Rush has ever done percussion wise.

Time and Motion I found to be rather simplistic, so I didn't play it.

Between Sun and Moon is hard.

Manhattan Project is the hardest song on Power Windows (Next to Marathon which kills my arms every time.)

I CANNOT play Lock and Key, he had to have double tracked that.