Better Call In The Rush "Poll"ice! Neil Peart Or

RUSHHEAD666

Which Drummer is Better? Not Your Favorite!  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Drummer is Better? Not Your Favorite!

• Stewart Copeland
    • Neil Peart

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put this same poll on a police forum and guess who most of them would say the better drummer is.

They are both great drummers. I cant really say one is better than the other. Ive listened to both bands a LOT over decades, and sometimes I hear Neil do things Ive never heard Stu do, and the other way around, so its pretty even as far as technical ability.

Only thing Id point out, which is a personal preference, is I like very fluid and organic drummers, ones that are very spontaneous, which Stu is famous for, and Neil is very rehearsed and robotic, which he's admitted to many times, including in the documentary.

Its the reason why I like Jon Theodore (old drummer from Mars Volta who Neil is a fan of) as a drummer more than Neil. His playing is so alive.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 20 2011, 10:11 AM)
Ill vote for Neil.

But then again, I am a Rush fanboy... wink.gif

Copeland is fantastic, I like his style it's very interesting and works well with the Police style of music. As far as what some people that stated how Neil's precise or "robotic" style can get "uninteresting" I can see how you would feel that way. However, Neil's way of utilizing many different forms of percussion and his ability to use varying time signatures flawlessly makes him a very interesting drummer and more importantly, a joy to listen to.

I have much respect and admiration for both drummers, it's Neil's power, precision, and use of different forms of percussion blended with his raw drumming that set him apart. IMO. trink39.gif