Official Black Country Communion Thread

Maverick

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the BCC website's forum:

I think this is unnecessary drama and a wind up by the Voice of Rock... I also think the conversation should be redirected to the band's history as well as its the future that includes a record release in October.. I have said it here before I do not appreciate being cited as the reason of the bands lack of touring or the bands lack of future in this manner. I am 1/5th of this entity that is all. Kevin is family to me, Jason is a dear friend of mine, so is Derek as is Glenn.. Glenn is free and with MY FULL BLESSING to ring up one or all of his famous guitar player friends and take it out on the road BB King style.. Chickenfoot does it with Chad Smith while he is out with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I hope for everyones sake that as Glenn embarks on the press tour for "AfterGlow" that he doesn't taint in his own words " His Masterpiece" by dragging us all into a TMZ moment..
What more can I say other at this point..

Happy Friday everybody... Hope the start of your extended holiday weekend is going great..

Joe "The Grinch Who Stole BCC" Bonamassa

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 7 2012, 02:47 AM)
There's not gonna be a replacement, Hughes himself is disbanding BCC.

There's always his new band with Steve Stevens, that sounds like it might be cool (apart from Joe Elliot)...

Steve Stevens is awesome. His stuff with Terry Bozzio and Tony Levin kicks ass.

To which band do you refer?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 7 2012, 07:16 AM)

There's always his new band with Steve Stevens, that sounds like it might be cool (apart from Joe Elliot)...

They are called Kings of Chaos.

But what's gained by disbanding outright? So it's not full-time...then you kill it?

Why not just DO it when you can...as they have been. (If it ain't broke...etc). IF Glenn indeed has other projects, like Joe does, then let BCC just be one of them as it has been. To listen to Hughes go on, it's like it's his only baby. So keep it together and do it every few years.

Steven Wilson has made a career out of this...

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 7 2012, 06:16 AM)

Here you go Gomps:

http://www.kingsofchaosband.com/

Not too sure about a few of these members or how this project will turn out, but it might lead to something interesting...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 7 2012, 01:11 PM)

Here you go Gomps:

Not too sure about a few of these members or how this project will turn out, but it might lead to something interesting...

No sound bites yet?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 7 2012, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 7 2012, 01:11 PM)

Here you go Gomps:

No sound bites yet?

I can't see anywhere, seems to be just a live project for now.

Here's the facebook page, not that it really adds anything just some live pics...

https://www.facebook.com/KingsOfChaosBand

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 7 2012, 10:23 AM)
But what's gained by disbanding outright? So it's not full-time...then you kill it?

Why not just DO it when you can...as they have been. (If it ain't broke...etc). IF Glenn indeed has other projects, like Joe does, then let BCC just be one of them as it has been. To listen to Hughes go on, it's like it's his only baby. So keep it together and do it every few years.

Steven Wilson has made a career out of this...

I agree totally here. From what is written about his other project, it doesn't seem like it will demand too much as far as writing and recording time. They plan to release EP's that are 4 songs, 3 of which will be covers, and 1 original? It also doesn't sound like they will be doing the 200 dates a year world touring like Glenn wants for BCC, either.

There has to be some common ground they can find for recording and touring.

Well folks, I am kind of underwhelmed by the samples. I don't think Clockwork Angels has anything to worry about as far as Album Of The Year competition from Afterglow.

And there seems to be a nod to Tom Sawyer in the song Common Man. Not sure how I feel about it.

Not going to listen to the samples. When the CA samples were released I wasn't impressed at all but I ended up loving it. I'm not too excited about the lack of JB vocals though. I like Glenn Hughes but his voice gets tiring after a while and JB's vocals were a nice break from them.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 16 2012, 01:08 PM)
Not going to listen to the samples. When the CA samples were released I wasn't impressed at all but I ended up loving it. I'm not too excited about the lack of JB vocals though. I like Glenn Hughes but his voice gets tiring after a while and JB's vocals were a nice break from them.

I think there is one song where they both sing.

Yes, there was and, in fairness, there was one that hadn't yet gotten to a vocal either...so it's possible Joe's on that one. That said, I like their voices together. Nice contrast. I just suspect, given their rift, that Joe didn't bring a ton to the table outside his playing and soloing. We'll see. Might be wrong there.

Either way, I enjoyed the clips and am no less looking forward to the album. Some nice grooves there.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 16 2012, 02:06 PM)
Yes, there was and, in fairness, there was one that hadn't yet gotten to a vocal either...so it's possible Joe's on that one. That said, I like their voices together. Nice contrast. I just suspect, given their rift, that Joe didn't bring a ton to the table outside his playing and soloing. We'll see. Might be wrong there.

Either way, I enjoyed the clips and am no less looking forward to the album. Some nice grooves there.

A bit more optimistic about this one than the KISS album eh?

wink.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 16 2012, 03:06 PM)

I have my own suspicions about what Joe did, or did not, bring to the table when recording started. But I will hold those in reserve until I've had to time listen to the whole thing.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 16 2012, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 16 2012, 02:06 PM)
Yes, there was and, in fairness, there was one that hadn't yet gotten to a vocal either...so it's possible Joe's on that one.  That said, I like their voices together.  Nice contrast.  I just suspect, given their rift, that Joe didn't bring a ton to the table outside his playing and soloing.  We'll see.  Might be wrong there.

Either way, I enjoyed the clips and am no less looking forward to the album.  Some nice grooves there.

A bit more optimistic about this one than the KISS album eh?

wink.gif

biggrin.gif Just a bit, yes.