pipe organ

fledgehog

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 26 2011, 05:31 PM)
I think I have come to love this instrument...isn't it used by VdGG a lot? (Hugh Banton?)

indeed. He is in fact an incredibly accomplished and talented pipe organist (he has even recorded Bach's Goldberg Variations...a very challenging task to take on!)

QUOTE (fledgehog @ May 26 2011, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 26 2011, 05:31 PM)
I think I have come to love this instrument...isn't it used by VdGG a lot? (Hugh Banton?)

indeed. He is in fact an incredibly accomplished and talented pipe organist (he has even recorded Bach's Goldberg Variations...a very challenging task to take on!)

Yeah, then I really adore that instrument, and I've always known this guy is a huge talent, as are all the classic members of VdGG. Incredibly overlooked band.

The intro to Still Life (song) is all pipe organ, correct?

Edited by Good,bad,andrush

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ May 26 2011, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ May 26 2011, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 26 2011, 04:51 PM)
Styx - "I'm OK"

1022.gif

yes.gif yes.gif Love that song! It was awesome live. 1022.gif

I used to think this song was in "Tommy" the movie. It would certainly fit.

I love the pipe organ, I've even played the pipe organ (granted, I struggled because I'm too short and the shoes were too big. Yep, there are specific shoes you wear when playing the pipe organ; they're basically character shoes and I had to borrow our organist's pair), but f**k me it was an experience.

And of course, lest we forget the most infamous of organ pieces (which if you've taken music theory you've analyzed the shit out of this damn piece).

And Matt Bellamy taking it down at the Royal Albert Hall on a pipe organ. Be still, my beating heart.