• Orange
    • Cotton Candy
    • Other
    • Treeduck

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (gatorbass @ Jul 7 2011, 01:39 PM)
As a Floridian, I am hard-pressed to say anything but Orange if it's done right. I've had some pretty terrible orange ice cream, but the good stuff (gotta be soft-serve) is like heaven in a waffle cone.

orange ice cream? Like push ups? Or Sherbet?

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 7 2011, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (gatorbass @ Jul 7 2011, 01:39 PM)
As a Floridian, I am hard-pressed to say anything but Orange if it's done right. I've had some pretty terrible orange ice cream, but the good stuff (gotta be soft-serve) is like heaven in a waffle cone.

orange ice cream? Like push ups? Or Sherbet?

Both!! Yum, yum!

When I was a kid, our family would carpool with another to and from school.

Every Friday was a special day and we'd stop and get an ice cream for everyone. I'd always get a double scoop: cookies n' cream and mint chocolate chip. Still my two faves'.

Right below those would be Pralines and Cream, Rocky Road and Tin Roof.

I know I'm going to be a minority here, but where ice cream is concerned, leave that craptastic Hershey's "chocolate flavored" syrup off of mine.

I can't stand the stuff. It's just not right - it's like artificial chocolate flavored melted Vaseline. If I want some kind of gooey chocolate topping on my dessert, I want the real thing. I'll get some really good quality hot fudge or even melt down a bar of Lindt or something. Keep that Hershey's crap away from my bowl.

(Now real whipped cream? Bring it! I'll also treat myself to a brief high afterwards by sucking the nitrous from the empty can. biggrin.gif )

Edited by Mara

One of my favorite places to get ice cream was Turkish Delights in Raleigh and Maggie Moo's in Cary.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 7 2011, 01:41 PM)
(Now real whipped cream? Bring it! I'll also treat myself to a brief high afterwards by sucking the nitrous from the empty can. biggrin.gif )

Is any whip cream that comes in a can real? The only time I've had the real thing, I've seen someone make it.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 26 2011, 07:25 AM)
Who has Bruster's in their area? Blows Cold Stone away.

Really, though, nothing beats gelato from a family-owned gelateria in Italy. Tre Scalini in Rome - oh yum.

There aren't any Bruster's in Minneapolis but every time I visit my inlaws in the Charlotte area I make sure I stop there once every couple of days. I second your recommendation...

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jul 7 2011, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 7 2011, 01:41 PM)
(Now real whipped cream?  Bring it!  I'll also treat myself to a brief high afterwards by sucking the nitrous from the empty can.  biggrin.gif  )

Is any whip cream that comes in a can real? The only time I've had the real thing, I've seen someone make it.

You can indeed buy the real stuff in a can - Mayfield's around here. It's just been pressurized is all. I like whipping my own, but really it's more economical to buy the canned, plus you get the NO2 bonus.

When I worked at TCBY in high school, I'd hoard the empty cans until I had a half-dozen or so, then hit them one after the other for a major buzz. (It's just laughing gas like you get at the dentist).

Double chocolate, i like to chew on pieces of chocolate, i prefer a dark chocolate taste to any milk chocolate that taste only sugar. Ice cream is one of my addiction after beer and tortilla chips, and Rush...