The Killing

GrandDesigner

New show on AMC that just started last night. I watched it and it was very reminiscent of Twin Peaks. Like, I find it hard to believe that they are not re-creating Twin Peaks with this show.

I found it enjoyable and interesting and will definitely continue to watch. I accidentally drifted away into a Benadryl induced sleep during the last half hour of the 2 hour series premiere so I'm not sure where it left off, but I'm sure I'll catch it again. AMC has been awesome lately, with The Walking Dead and now this. Plus I hear Breaking Bad is killer too.

Anyone else watch?

Yes I did. Quality American take on an existing foreign show. (Sometimes this works [All In The Family; The Office], sometimes it does not [Top Gear]). I quite enjoyed it. It's like CSI with good acting and a story not resolved in a single episode or two.

Checked out pilot last night and though it took me awhile to get into the show it got better as it went along. I will keep watching tonight to see if it continues to improve. So many suspects to choose from in this crime. Should be interesting to see how it pans out.

BTW GD I seriously recommend Breaking Bad....one of the best TV shows out there IMO. Definitely in my top 5...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 10 2011, 06:06 PM)
Checked out pilot last night and though it took me awhile to get into the show it got better as it went along. I will keep watching tonight to see if it continues to improve. So many suspects to choose from in this crime. Should be interesting to see how it pans out.

BTW GD I seriously recommend Breaking Bad....one of the best TV shows out there IMO. Definitely in my top 5...

I've yet to hear a single negative review of Breaking Bad. Once I have a bit of free time, I'll probably see what I can stream online or borrow from my library. I think I watched the pilot episode awhile back but forgot to keep watching for some reason.

I love all these new shows I'm discovering. I hated TV for a bit but now I'm actually getting sucked back into it.

Back on topic, episode 2 of The Killing was fantastic. Two (or I guess technically 3) episodes in and I am HOOKED. I wonder if they will make the mistake Twin Peaks did in revealing the killer, or if "Who killed Rosie Larsen?" will be the theme for many seasons to come. Or if it's only meant to be a season or two.

I guess time will tell, but so far I am loving it.

Edited by GrandDesigner

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 10 2011, 06:06 PM)

I SO AGREE!!

Breaking Bad is amazing!