Favorite Chicken Breast recipes

Lost In Xanadu

We've been eating alot of chicken and fish lately and have a few favorite chicken breast recipes and was wonder what yours are. We usually grill it, but also boil it until it shreds and use in soup or tacos (mixed with some homemade salsa and fajita seasoning) or bake it with olive oil, sage, oregano, rosemary and thyme.

Some favorite marinades we use before grilling...

Fajita style:

lime juice, olive oil, fajita spices, garlic, lime zest. (can also add a splash of tequila if desired)

Greek style:

lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, lemon zest

Italian style (not much different from Greek):

lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil, salt

Teriyaki style:

soy sauce, oyster sauce, cooking sherry, rice wine vinegar, honey, garlic, FRESH ginger, diced onion

These all sound yummy!

We grow fresh herbs in out sunroom/tiki bar (along with a few veggies). I use them as much as possible. My favorite one to use with chicken is Tarragon - but not very much or it can overwhelm. I chop it up with thyme and oregano and add to some olive oil. I brush that on the chicken and broil or bake it. Nom!

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ingredients

* 4 double chicken breasts (about 7-ounces each), skinless and boneless

* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

* 8 thin slices deli ham

* 16 thin slices Swiss cheese

* 1 tsp dijon mustard per breast

* 2 cups (approx) chicken broth

* 4 tbsp (approx) melted butter

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Take care not to pound too hard because the meat may tear or create holes. Lay 2 slices of cheese on each breast, followed by 1 slice of ham, spread the 1 tsp dijon mustard over the ham, then lay the second slice of ham, then 2 more of cheese; leaving a 1/2-inch margin on all sides to help seal the roll. Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight like a jellyroll. Squeeze the log gently to seal. Use toothpicks if necessary to hold the edges together. Place all in high sided baking dish, fill dish halfway up the sides of the breasts with chicken broth. Brush the tops of each breast with melted butter, salt and pepper the tops of each. Bake for 20 minutes until cooked through. Cut into pinwheels before serving.

Not really horribly difficult, and amazingly tasty smile.gif

chicken salad

place chicken breasts in a pot of boiling water and cook chicken until done.

remove chicken breasts and run under cold water or cool in refrigerator.

cut up chicken breasts into small bite size pieces or even smaller if you like.

in a bowl mix cut up chicken, mayonaisse, a little apple cider vinegar,diced celery, diced red onion, small cubes of granny smith apple, dried cranberries, and a touch of salt and pepper. serve on bread of choice

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Feb 26 2011, 06:46 AM)
mmmm, Chicken Cordon Bleu has long been a fav of mine drool1.gif

mine too smile.gif i personally like mine with a side of fresh steamed asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce drool1.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Feb 26 2011, 11:37 PM)
QUOTE (summer_sky @ Feb 26 2011, 06:46 AM)
mmmm, Chicken Cordon Bleu has long been a fav of mine  drool1.gif

mine too smile.gif i personally like mine with a side of fresh steamed asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce drool1.gif

drool1.gif

trink39.gif